Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many times can i come back with my tail between my legs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey buckle - You don't need to thank US!

You are the one doing the hard work.

But if there is anything we can do to help you get thru' - you know you only have to ask.

Take care

Satori
    xxx
    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Hey Buckledown!

You will do it. Chill out. Life is not easy for most of the people on this site but you are here and your doing it.

Im curious to hear what "quotes" influence people? or poems...

"Anyway" by Mother Theresa - if you an be arsed looking it up - is mine.

And i aint even religious!

x

Comment

Sophie S I really love the following from Marianne Willaimson....it was in the movie Akeela and the Bee if you saw it and they said nelson mandela wrote it but that was not correct...here you go

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Enjoy...thanks for posting......:thanks: :h buck

Comment

Thats beautiful!

Hi Buck. I just read what you posted from the movie. That is absolotly beautiful and reminds me of a post that someone on here written along those same lines.

I think that is so true. Many of us "dull" ourselves from our own power and beauty. I know I feel that I certainly do. Maybe that is why alot of us feel so connected because we are afraid to shine.

Thank you for posting that, I really enjoyed reading it. May you reach the goals you set for yourself!
          I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Hi Buck, welcome back.

As someone said earlier mods isn't for everyone and I hope you choose whatever suits you.

Love to see you.:h
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Buck, I have been where you are. I have done what you have done. I have felt like you feel. Rocky is right, as long as you don't give up, you are on the right track. Moderation to me is just a way of saying I am not ready to give up alcohol. That is what it was for me, but some have been able to moderate for long periods of time. It just isn't something I can do. I am glad you are here

God Bless
              bear
              What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
              ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

hey bro,

I'm back with my tail between my legs too.

I made it 2 weeks with just the support group here on this website, and then Ironically, all the meds, and the hypno CD's showed up on my door step, and I totally dropped my guard...

Well, I remember a portion of last week... FYI: if you want to get really high: take all the supps, and the meds, listen the hypno CD's and drink about 12 drinks a night... awesome... ;}

I'm starting again now. I'll give these hypno CD's more of a chance, but honestly, I think the meds were just getting me higher, (and spacier) Unfortunately there is no magic bullet here for me.. but this support group has been fantastic.

here's to being sober! again!

mm

Comment

Hi everyone,

Keep it going! You are trying so hard it makes me feel good, it makes me want to keep trying too.

a big THANKS to all of you

Diamond xx
                  I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                  I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Buck: I can so identify w/what you are going through. I can't give you any success story on my part, but I just want to say that I have been through what you have & am behind you all the way. Please stay on this website. Without you & me (& others like us), we wouldn't have this. Mary
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Hey Music Man.....glad to see you back...missed ya! Buffy

Comment

hey buck. thanks for sharing so much and just taking in all that love and support. sometimes it isn't easy for us to just allow ourselves to be understood and received. and, i am on the topa and am titrating up and am finding that as i go up the cravings go away along with the l glut and the rescue kudzo. also i noticed when that wine did happen it wasn't satisfying and i didn't want more. so i can see the topa is working and not a miracle but definitely a good buddy to have. thanks for posting and having the courage. i'm right there with you. i know i have much more to offer then staying up late drinking wine on my deck and then not being able to work all the next day. and oh yeah let me just look at how disappointed my husband looks after a nite of that. so, that's enough to sober you right up. thanks buck. big hug to you.
                        :welcome:

Comment

Working...
                        X