Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally ready to admit I have a problem.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally ready to admit I have a problem.......

I'm a mother of 4 babies and a wonderful husband , I have finally stopped snapping at the my husband who tells me I have a drink problem, I finally broke down and admitted to it and want nothing but to kick alcohols butt, for the good of my kids and my husband. I'm on day 2 of no alcohol and feeling okay but I wanted to introduce myself as I feel things are going to get tough and would love to know when I'm having a bad day I can talk to people in the same boat that can help . So HELLO EVERYONE

Welcome, Charlie!

This problem doesn't mean you are a bad person, wife, or mother but it can feel that way, especially when those around you are angry about your drinking. The thing is, alcohol is a legal, addictive substance and most of us here got caught in that trap. The good news is, you can get out of it! Check out the toolbox for various strategies people have used. The Newbies Nest is a great place to get and give support. Or hop in on any thread! New people always are welcome.

You won't regret quitting - for most of us the only regret is that we didn't understand sooner that we could quit.

All ol the best, NS

Comment

Hi Charlie,welcome to MWO
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi, Charlie:

Welcome. I know from experience that first post is scary and thrilling all at once. You experience the FREEDOM that comes from finally admitting you need to throw in the towel. Goodness knows I fought against it forever. I am a mom, too, and had/have plenty of guilt. Heed the words of NoSugar - this is not our fault.

Things can move slowly around here, so I would check out a thread that moves a little more quickly. Read around, there is plenty of collective wisdom.

Take good care of yourself. It is hard to do with kids, but if you don't take care of yourself and nurture your quit, you won't be able to take care of them.

You've made a great decision!
        Pav

Comment

Welcome, Charlie!
          Links to the Tool Box and Newbie's Nest are in my signature line below. We are so glad you're here! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thank you everyone. You have all made me feel so much better and confident about the new road I'm on. I'm sure there's going to be loads of thing on my journey that will test my limits . But hope that with all your guidance I will push through. Thanks again

Comment

Hi Charlie

Motherhood and alcohol just doesn't mix well, does it?
              I am on day 4. Hop over to Newbies Nest and pour your heart out!

It is nice to be in bed early, reading posts and not passing out. I know I will be able to wake up when the alarm goes of tomorrow morning. Then have patience and drop my kid off at school ON TIME.... She is going to be so impressed!!

I have quit before, but I am in for good now.

Take care.

Comment

Good luck to you justme again, let's get sober for our kids :yay:

Comment

Welcome Charlie. I have never regretted quitting.
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
                  X