Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My last few months of alcohol abuse

all better, thanks
    Last edited by snipples; April 29, 2016, 02:25 PM.

Originally posted by snipples View Post
    I guess I'm here hoping I can get some success stories about weening off this stupid substance. I don't want to feel like this anymore. I remember those 6 weeks of sobriety and have honestly never felt better.
    Welcome Snipples. Glad you got those 6 weeks of sober living in and you liked it. You can do it again. Sounds like it'd be safer for you to ween of booze with some medical assistance?

All the best friend. Go for it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi Snipples

I don't know what you should do, but agree with G-man and Kuya.

I also don't know anything about tapering al. It's all or nothing for me!

Depression/ stress & alcohol becomes a monster with several heads.

Please let us know how you are doing.

Comment

Hi Snipples!
        Is rehab an option? If not, definitely go see your GP.
        I am not equipped to offer professional advice, it does sound like you are doing your best, and should not do this alone. Certainly not.
        Even if you have to pay for one office visit I think it will be well worth it.
        Do check in with an update as we are all concerned about your well being.
        (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Hi Snipples, it definitely sounds like you should be medically detoxed IMO. The average stay is about a week, sometimes up to 10 days, depending on the severity of your symptoms. You will be placed on medication and your symptoms closely monitored. Personally, I would not recommend tapering with the severity of the symptoms you're experiencing. Plus (I've done it several times), tapering takes an iron, and I mean iron, resolve. Something that's not feasible when withdrawal symptoms are as bad as you describe. Plus, during your detox stay, you will see a therapist in addition to a psychiatrist and medical doctor and participate in group therapy and 12 step meetings so that you can get an idea of what you will need to do to stay sober upon discharge. Stopping drinking is the easy part. It's staying sober that's the bitch.
          First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Working...
          X