Day 8 and feeling good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 8 and feeling good.

Hi all, just finished day 8 and so happy. I joined up a few days ago but have been here before on one of my many failed attempts.
    I have been a binge drinker for 40 years usually twice a week.The usual story,when I start I can't stop.
    I am going for total abstinance because I know that Im just not capable of moderation and besides I want to live.
    So I know it's going to be a challenge but I'm ready and about time at 60 years of age.
    I do have some antabuse which I will probably start taking soon when the temptation gets too much as it probably will since Im already having little niggly thoughts about drinking.
    Well so far so good and I love my hangover free days.

Welcome to you, Setanta, and a wonderful beginning on 8 day AF( alcohol free).

Couple of places that are a must when you're just starting out is the Newbies Nest............just jump in and say hello

And the Tool Box..........loads of ideas to keep you on the straight and narrow

Hope to see more of you round the boards.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thanks JackieClaire,will check them both out now,still trying to figure the site out.

Comment

Setanta,
        Congrats on those 8 days! Around here, we give prizes for such wonderful efforts! Here's your Newbie's Nest full moon! :butt:
        We say that the worst is BEHIND you..... come join us over in the nest, I've been over there for 5 years and I have no intentions of falling out.
        We're so glad you found us! Keep up the great work! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thanks Byrdlady,I'll check out the Newbies nest soon. Day 9 almost over,can't believe it.

Comment

Great going! It gets better qnd better, when I hit Day 13, something just clicked and I knew this was something I could do for the long haul! We are so happy for you! B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

I'm still hanging in there Byrdlady but just about,wow that's interesting about your day 13,I'm be on day 12 tomorrow.

Comment

Looking forward to getting near that 2 week mark myself. Brain volume in the area of self regulation and decision making returns to normal. (As well as in the area that processes gait, motor coordination and balance.) Alcoholics' Brains Recover Quickly After Detox
                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                Toolbox
                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                X