30 days and see where it takes me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 days and see where it takes me

Good morning, I am new here. I'm resolute and committed to not drinking for the next 30 days and wondering if anyone would like to join me? My mind is open as to where I go from there but would love some company along the way. MA

Hello Millieanne,
    Welcome to MWO. Good for you . Take it one day at a time. Know that you can do this for a less chaotic life.
    When you get the urge come here for support or exercise, take the dog for a walk. Keep busy, find distractions and stay away from drinking buddies.
    Most of all know ur triggers and never let your thinking undermine your positivity and your journey toward sobriety, one day at a time.

Sobriety is Like a Mother Giving Birth to Clarity, Purpose and Hope An Event Like No Other

Peace & Heeling one day at a time.
    "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. " by Winston Churchill .

Comment

Thank you. I will do as you say. Planning to read and exercise more. Apologies for briefness of reply - new to all this . . .

Comment

Hi Millie,

Welcome and what a great idea! Good on you for taking back your precious life. Here's a link to our toolbox which has lot's of helpful, relevant, useful reading.

Keep it going and keep us posted won't you? G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

But I will post everyday the positive things happening as a result :newhere:

Comment

Welcome Millie

30 days is a great start so as you dont feel overwhelmed. When i first started i did 30 days and figured if i could do 30 i could do 30 more. I'd really not done a day sober in years and years so it felt such a sense of achievement the first week. Take care of yourself, sleep and eat when and what you want, post on here and read and read. We all understand what you are going through with regards to al. Have a read on the Newbies Nest and pop in to say hello. A friendly bunch who are all at different stages of giving up al.
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good morning

On the journey :yay: Will post again later. MA

Comment

First positive, today's make-up free photo compared to that of yesterday show skin calmer and slightly less puffy! Result! :yay:

Since the positives will be significant and life changing I will only post happy and positive results because we all know the flip side!

Happy days :welldone:

Comment

I'll be following your journey MA
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X