Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JUNE NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 12

Good Morning Friends,

Blue, thanks as always for opening this morning and calling this meeting which seems to carry us through the day.

Marshy and Diverob,great job on completing day 2. You can do day 3 as well. For sleeplessness which is a symptom of withdrawal (which usually kicks in around this time) try an over the counter antihistamine like benadryl with no added decongestants in combination with the Calms Forte.. Melatonin sometimes helps me and sometimes does nothing. Good luck and perseverance on day 3.

Roxanne, I do drink for taste, so I can do the non alcoholic beer but when it comes to the wine I think "I'm not going to drink this! it's 150 stinking calories of nothing!" go figure!

Garden Girl, since you crawled this far, then please take a swim, crawl over to my garden and help me this morning pick my tomatoes, pull my weeds, and stake my echinacea, the wind keeps blowing them over. I'll make you some nice comfort food to take that wrath away. You'll be OK. and back on that 30 day thread in no time.

Change,
    Here we are on day 2, we made it. I'm having coffee. I feel great inspite of the PMS. Thanks to the Topa I'm now down 8 pounds so I feel inspired today even after my slight setback Sunday.

Padme have a great day with the boys.

Have a fab day everyone!

Melissa:goodjob:
    If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm late today, its one of those busy days and I've just thrown tea on and grabbed myself a few minutes for MWO time! It's "that" time of the day now, tea-time and I feel okay, despite the fact I've just realised I forgot to take my supps at lunchtime, the L-glut & kudzo! I've got to say though like DiverRob, I'm running on caffeine at the moment!!! Coffee during the day then diet cokes from the evening but hec I'll tackle that addiction later!!! Touchwood at the moment, my glass of red on Sunday has not set me off but its early days and I can't be too complacent. Great to read all your posts encouraging and supporting each other - this thread is amazing. Bluesky - you're our MWO "mum"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best wishes everyone................Janicexxxx
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Wow....it sounds like you all are doing really well. I haven't had anything to drink since Saturday...so I have been AF only 2 going on 3 daysbut I have a lot going on today....going up to my son's school to help out with his play...so it helps having things to keep me busy. My weight I think is what is going to help me stay motivated. I only need to loose 20...(don't know how it crept on other than I was drinking every day and didn't notice) but with summer here...I NEED to fit into some of my cute clothes! Sunflower

Comment

Good job iced and Janice and welcome sunflower. Rottrod, how long have you been on topa? I am very envious of the 8 pounds. So far I have gained 2! Very discouraging, especially since I am eating pretty much the same and drinking less. I know I know I need more exercise.

Comment

Thanks for the advice about stuff that might help with sleep - I'll have a look for something tomorrow. I was wary about trying 'sleeping pills'. Funny how I'll drink until I pass out but draw the line at a little pill! It's getting on for 10pm here and almost dark so I'm going to have an early night and try to catch up on some Zzzzzzzzzzzz.
            Congratulations everyone and welcome to the newcomers. Goodnight!
            sigpic
            AF since December 22nd 2008
            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Louise,
              This is my 4th week, tomorrow starts week 5. I started having reduced alcohol cravings the middle of week 3 but the reduced appetite started week 2.
              If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Just seen through my 3rd night AF. Felt tonight was slightly easier, although cravings still strong. Gonna buy some kudzu.

Starlight Impress

Comment

Working...
                X