Really Struggling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really Struggling

Last Monday night I received a phone call from my Grand Son that he had overdosed on Tabs and was about to hang himself. We rushed over and had to cut him free. He had had huge amounts of AL , weed and tablets. The ambulance arrived and the police. He survived this time . I have been struggling with AL abuse all my life and can could easily just hit the bottle. but I know I must stay strong for him!! Life hands us some shit at times; just am lost now as I think he will eventually die. just love him so much.

Originally posted by needtochange View Post
    Last Monday night I received a phone call from my Grand Son that he had overdosed on Tabs and was about to hang himself. We rushed over and had to cut him free. He had had huge amounts of AL , weed and tablets. The ambulance arrived and the police. He survived this time . I have been struggling with AL abuse all my life and can could easily just hit the bottle. but I know I must stay strong for him!! Life hands us some shit at times; just am lost now as I think he will eventually die. just love him so much.
    Jeepers NTC, that is rough. I'm looking for any positives here, and i suppose one might be that he reached out and rang you/someone before he did it? Then again, if help hadn't arrived quickly, he might not be with us so seems he was intent on it? Is he open to or receiving any decent mental health and emotional support?

Take care of yourself friend. That is a really tough situation for you all to be in.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thanks G, We have had him assessed by Pscych people and is now on some new medication and doing Ok. He had just got himself out of Rehab......and a girlfriend breakup ! I am In Australia near Melbourne. Think you are in Australia to ? Thanks for your concerns. My fear is I could easily go for the booze but have go stay strong for hm.
      Last edited by needtochange; June 14, 2016, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Need,
        Well, that is a really tough piece of business. But from where I sit, AL is the problem, not the solution.
        This is a real learning opportunity for both you and your grandson. You can lead by example and he will have a positive role model in his corner. You can trust me when I say, AL never solved ONE of my problems only created more. Please direct your energy to where it will do the most good! Do whatever it takes to get thru this day AF, no matter what. Thats what I did and it worked for me.
        My heart bleeds for you, but please hang in with us. AL IS the problem. Not drinking ia the solution. Hugs to you, Byrdie
        Last edited by Byrdlady; June 14, 2016, 07:38 PM.
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

How scary Need! I'm glad he's ok though,good on you for posting and not running straight for a drink,that took a lot of strength so it shows you're serious about staying sober,I hope things get better for your grandson
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks Byrdie, Yes I know I have a far better chance of saving him if I TO get rid of the drug out of my system! BEEN AWAY FROM MWO FOR A WHILE BUT NEED IT SO MUCH NOW ON ALL FRONTS THANKS AGAIN :hug:

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
              How scary Need! I'm glad he's ok though,good on you for posting and not running straight for a drink,that took a lot of strength so it shows you're serious about staying sober,I hope things get better for your grandson
              Thanks Pauly, Feeling absolute crap today. Seeing what drugs are doing to my beautiful Grandson ( have 9 GC ) is horrific. I know there are parents and Grandparents out there who have lost loved ones to al and other drugs or are still struggling their addiction. My heartgoes out them. Where I live like many places is awash with Ice. It's in epidemic proportions. On Monday there were Police cars everywhere an ambulance and a violent GC we had to restrain. I am trying to draw strength so I can help him and I just know drinking will only make it worse. Thanks Pauly I intend to stay very close to Mwo over the next few weeks

Comment

We'll be here Free:hug:

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks Pauly, :smile::smile:

Comment

Originally posted by needtochange View Post
                    Thanks G, We have had him assessed by Pscych people and is now on some new medication and doing Ok. He had just got himself out of Rehab......and a girlfriend breakup ! I am In Australia near Melbourne. Think you are in Australia to ? Thanks for your concerns. My fear is I could easily go for the booze but have go stay strong for hm.
                    Yep, i am in Melbourne. Your grandson is a very strong reason for you to stay sober. But do it for you. When we are sober, healthy, clear headed and strong, good things will follow. Some crappy times will still occur, but there will be more of the good stuff because we are sober to create it. Take it easy and look after yourself. I reckon we can influence someone's path, but we cannot control it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

So sorry to hear that your Grandson was in a bad place, but good to hear he is getting treatment. Get a plan and start your journey anew, this is your chance to turn it around for you and be their for your grandson too. Good luck! Look at the toolbox, it is very helpful!

Comment

How's everything going Need?

Comment

Hi, N2C-

So sorry. What a horrible and out of control feeling that must have been. Stay strong for him, stay sober for yourself. There are other ways to deal with stress and ultimately, you'll have to deal with the issues, and you'd just have to do it hung over.

Pav

Comment

Working...
                          X