Can anybody help me find my dad's posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anybody help me find my dad's posts

Don't know if anyone will remember but my dad was a member here and I find myself spiraling out of control with alcohol and I can't remember his name on here. He was killed in 08 by a drunk driver while riding home from AA on his motorcycle. Any help would be great. Thanks everyone.
    "'And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of GOD.' Romans 12:2"

https://www.mywayout.org/community/members/679.html ?
    I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
    Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Bear - your dad was much loved. :hug: I have heard about him.

I'm so glad that you recognize that you need help. Good for you for joining.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Welcome aboard! There are two great links in my signature line. Wishing your all the best! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
          Bear - your dad was much loved. :hug: I have heard about him.

I'm so glad that you recognize that you need help. Good for you for joining.

Took some searching but I found what I was looking for thank you. His name here was MDBiker. He was a member of the Magic Dragons motorcycle club. I just can't continue to want a drink every morning and drink 10-12 drinks through out the day. I am a functioning alcoholic. Or so I would like to tell myself. Dad got me to stop drinking and I stayed sober for 2 yrs after he died. I'm just to a point that I see the bad overshadowing any good that could come from drinking. Onward and upward. Starting my first day sober well see if I can stop or if WD's start. Think I might grab some Baclofen. Wish me luck if I can make it 30 days I'll be fine I just know now not to turn back. When you fall off the wagon you land hard.
          Last edited by BearJr.; June 21, 2016, 10:09 AM.
          "'And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of GOD.' Romans 12:2"

Comment

I am so glad you found his info. I was going to search tonight when I got home from work.

Good for your for taking your life back! Feel free to jump in on other threads for support. I'm mainly on One Step at a Time and you are more than welcome there. But, there is the Newbies Nest and the Army thread. Wonderful people on both of those too.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Bear - wondering how you are doing. :love:
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Much love and support Bear Jr
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi Bear Jr
                  Type. Mdbiker into search. I tried it and it brought up some of his treads

Go into community. Then member list. Then to th M. And it is around pg 21
                  It also has his treads and replays.

It was a sad time when he passed away.
                  Time for your recovery to resume

KC
                  Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                  AF 5-16-08

Comment

Been 4 days sober. Really want a beer right now. But I don't have one so I guess chocolate will work.

Comment

Great job, BJ! It never will get any easier than the quit you have going so keep up the great work! Do whatever itctakes to get thru this day AF! Dont forget that eating (til you are FULL) will help stave off those cravings!!! So proud of you! Byrdie!
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                      X