Day One of the Rest of my Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kuya
    Hi 20/20 .... I have bumped you a post on 'being perfect' .... maybe it will help.

Well done on your sober time btw, it gets easier.

Remember that the irritability you are experiencing is being CAUSED by alcohol, it is withdrawing from your system and the effects last for about 6 weeks. Be patient with yourself and others, but mainly with yourself.
    This is GOOD - and what I need. Thank you. I'm looking forward to having some of this long behind me!!
    "Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it" ........

Comment

That sucks about the insurance! But I am really glad your feeling better. I know what you mean, it's not like all of this happens and I just need to run to a bar, or the liquor store and start chugging... but it is realizing,,, I don't drink strait away! And suddenly everything feels like a crisis too overwhelming to do without any sort of release in sight. The escape is gone. I do think it is an impulsive feeling that when I drink I put off until the end of the day.. to deal with stuff as it comes is not easy... But I mean.. all that happening to you in one hour? Must have been a test, that you passed with flying colors!
      AF January 7, 2018

Comment

So true Choices .... I think when I drank - I didn't escape anything ... it just gave me subconscious hiding from my problems of the moment. To deal with life with a clear head is hard when I've been ignoring issues as the come up. My thinking is in such a "habit" of not dealing with situations. I read the post Kuya linked. It's REALLY good.
        "Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it" ........

Comment

How it going 20/20? I hope your having a good weekend. Mine was pretty good just having a case of the Mondays! Oh well, some days aren't great.. Just going to get through the day and hope I wake up on a better side of the bed tomorrow...
          AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Hi Choices!!! I babysat all weekend and didn't take the lap top with - as there is no time when I am with the Grands!!!!! It's already Tuesday and I have a LOT of catching up to do here!! Today is day 18!!!!!

Comment

Hey 20/20, where did y'all get to? I miss seeing your posts!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Wow, what a sobering way to look at all this. Amazing and realistic. Still going to be a hard road, but the way you laid it out is like snap the f out of it and get a grip. Also easier said than done, but I'm definitely going to use what applies to my situation and add to it in my journal. Thank you for posting such candid, realistic advice! And good luck to you - with that attitude I don't think you could fail if you tried!

Comment

Hi choices, I see you disappeared around the same time I did, hope you are ok and still sober just not posting? If you see this message drop by my profile and say hi, I am back now and a week sober today, trying again! x
                  One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Comment

Working...
                  X