Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a Newbie from Canada

Hi All
    I have been reading many of your posts and I am thankful I stumbled upon this site. The one that stood out to me the most is a mother of 2 teenage boys aged 46. She lives a healthy lifestyle and no one believe she struggles with alcohol as this is my story too. I have tried AA meetings/counselling/church and I seem to slip back into the wine scene. That is my one and only addiction but it scares me as I drink every day...I am hoping thru this site and support system I can try and stay true to my rule of AF Sunday-Thursday. Let's do this together.

Hi Stokest, a fellow Canadian! I take it from your post that you don't want to be totally AF. That's okay, you have identified and accepted that you drink too much and you want to change and that's the first step! There are a couple of threads that might appeal to you, "I don't want to be totally AF" and "One Step at a Time". Both of those threads have members who moderate, but any thread here will welcome you, and offer support however they can. I hope your journey is a successful one and I'll help out however I can!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Welcome Stokest! I would suggest that no matter if you want to drink moderately or not - that you do 30 days totally alcohol free. From everything I've read here - that seems to be the mim. you should abstain before you decide how to take the next step. Post and Read! It's helping me!!
      "Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it" ........

Comment

Working...
      X