Here I go again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Well done Deja,

That is tough! Sounds to me like your doing everything right. Is there anyway you can go somewhere else for the weekend? I'd have a really hard time being around all the alcohol myself, and sorrow from a death, may get really hard to handle.. Ug, I can't think of anything worse then cases of beer and boxes of wine.. just thinking of it makes my mouth really dry and I feel a terrible headache coming on! Ew, I just thought of how liquor stores smell! Sorry to meander! Take good care of yourself maybe stock up on your favorite ice cream to have something yummy to get you through the weekend. All the best!
    AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Checking in on you Mado -- Day 12 for you? You are already into your weekend? Hoping you have an awesome day!
      "Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it" ........

Comment

Good morning! Day 5. Still feeling a little irritable in the evenings, but I made it through all of Friday without a drop even though there were myriad chances to take a sip. I got into a (stupid) argument with my boyfriend and he made a jab at me for snapping at him so much when we had just had a discussion that this might be something that will happen over the next week or so. I was so tempted to put a bit of wine in my glass or grab a beer and chug it in the bathroom - ick. So glad I decided not to. Luckily, I've found that cooking is a huge release for me, so instead I focused on making a great dinner, and we talked it out and he apologized.

Saturdays are typically a day where I will be active in the morning and then love to start drinking in the afternoon before we go out and binge all night, which will lead into an all day drinkfest on Sunday and sometimes into Monday.

Instead, I'm focusing on planting tomatoes and herbs on my porch, and laying by the pool with all the junk magazines I bought and a good book. And my new favorite drink, lemon lime carbonated water with a splash of cranberry juice.

Mad and Choices - I hope you are doing well with your double digits!

Here's today's quote: "Sometimes you can only find heaven by slowly backing away from hell" - Carrie Fisher (Wishful Drinking)

Comment

Hi deja,

Your porch planting and mags sound lovely! I get the urge to chug something too when my husband and I have a misunderstanding. Good job not indulging. It never works anyway! I've got insomnia which is so annoying so reading and posting. Doing well other then that! I am finding I have a shorter fuse so trying to keep myself calm and not reacting.. During this mood.. I'm a bit out of touch wether or not I am actually mad, annoyed or upset or if it's a craving symptom. Because I'm not really craving... I guess I am a bit.. Evenings into actually falling asleep are a sometimes a struggle.... Manageable at this stage. And I've been putting myself in fool proof situations where I am not around AL at all.
          AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Hey madon, they didn't include MWO in Brexit did they? lol. Come on back and let us know how you're doing eh!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm cranky with hubby in the same way....watch out...I bark out of nowhere...day 5 here...feeling confident...good goin all...we can do it!

Comment

Working...
              X