What does everyone think about Non - Alcohol Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does everyone think about Non - Alcohol Beer

I am wondering what everyone thinks about having a non - Al beer. I worked outside all day - and I thought how great it would be to have a cold NA beer. Just wanting others to weigh in! Thanks!!
    "Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it" ........

Hi 20/20, and well done on your 9 days! To get free of alcohol I had to break the habit of using alcohol to wind down after a hard day, (actually any kind of day.) For me, the N/A stuff is too close. In the beginning, I could no longer just sit in the evenings, else the cravings were too strong, so I forced myself to do other things just to break that end of the day routine. I took yoga classes, went for walks, dinner out, window shopping, anything that kept me from sitting at home, missing my drinks. Best to you, and so glad you found us.

Comment

It is a bad idea for an alcoholic to substitute AL for non AL Drink

It does not address the reasons as to WHY an alcoholic drinks

It will not give an alcoholic the supression that AL gives

Plus IMO, they all taste rubbish

Establish WHY an alcoholic drinks and they are half way there

Regards

Bacman
      I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
      Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Hi
        You also have to be a bit careful with these as the AF beer may not be totally AF (!)

In the UK Alcohol is LEGALLY defined as anything with an alcoholic content of greater than 0.5% ABV (Alcohol by Volume). Some of the AF beers and wines DO contain small amounts of alcohol at that level. They can be legally sold as AF but if you are taking Antabuse (for example) These can still make you feel quite ill.

There is a AF wine which is produced in Germany that is stated to be "Not more than 0.05% ABV" and this is truly AF as the 0.05 level is the lowest it can be tested without hugely expensive equipment. If all drinks had to show an alcoholic content then even your humble can of Pepsi would show "not more than 0.05% ABV.

On the AF beers and wines it's usually in tiny letters on the label somewhere.

Comment

In previous quits I've used non-alcoholic wine. There used to be a really good stockist I found on-line. Decent stuff, de-alcoholized. I worked in a wine merchants for many years selling posh stuff and then sneaking into Tesco on the way home to pick up a couple of crap bottles of any thing costing about £3.00 or under. Once I'd gagged the first couple down they were as good as anything for getting hammered.

It turned out I was glugging down this false wine just as fast real wine.

This time round I swore to myself I wouldn't buy non- alcoholic wine in fact I wouldn't drink non-alcoholic anything.

I drink water, fizzy or still. It quenches the thirst. Its totally alcohol free and some of it comes out of a tap so its also free.

Anyway after that burbling on, its just not worth it.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

You might be different than me 20/20, but I didn't drink beer for the taste, I drank to get drunk. What's the point in just teasing myself?
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think it just depends on the person,Mick suggested AF beer to me a few times but I'm scared that the smell,taste,fizz will trigger a want for the real thing,I was never in it for the taste anyways,I was after the stupidity
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Personally I've tried this and well had no success with it I actually just got up and looked and I still have one in the fridge from Christmas lol. Guess what all the AL beer has been drank.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your replies. I think when I analyze why I wanted one - it was for a "reward" for how hard I worked all day. That's no different than drinking AL. Not sure why I think I need a reward for doing something that just needed to get done! I'm going to stay away from it.
                  "Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it" ........

Comment

I had a Becks Blue which is an alcohol free lager the other night, we had two in the garage and hubby and I had one each, I glugged mine down just as I would have a glass of AL, couldn't put it down - so I think everyone is right, the taste triggers your alcoholic thoughts!! I am not having anymore!
                    One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Comment

Working...
                    X