Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newby Hello

Hi All,

I just wanted to say Hi and be able to share that I have 8 weeks sober. I am on Vivitrol and it has helped. But I seem to be in a funk I can't get out of. I am just blue. But I am hanging in.

:upset:
    :new: ZZ TOP

Newby Hello

Welcome to ZZ!!

ZZ Top, how great that is!! Love the band.

I am sorry you are going through a rough time right now, just remember, "This, too, shall pass!!"

You have found a great site and many wonderful people.

:welcome:

Hang in there. There are many people here who would love to be in your shoes of 8 weeks!! :goodjob:

Many here can give you advice how to get through this. I can't because I am one of those who has not been able to go more than 1 day AF. So, you beat me.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Newby Hello

Hi ZZ and welcome .....

Well done on your 8 weeks, that is better than a lot around here, so sorry that you are feeling blue, hang in there ...

Love & Hugs, BB xx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Newby Hello

Hi ZZ,

Awesome achievement - 8 weeks!!

Being down seems to go with the territory!
        It will pass - and now you have some new folks to help cheer you up.

By way of introduction - I am the good - looking intelligent one around here - (but the rest are a little strange to be honest! )

Satori

xxx

(Now I just have to stand back and watch the fireworks! )
        "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Newby Hello

Welcome ZZ. Congratulations on the 8 weeks - that is fabulous. I hope this site will help cheer you up. Have no immediate advice. Last week was very up and now hohum. But the support and the joke site help a lot!

Comment

Newby Hello

Hi ZZ Top
            Welcome and very well done on the 8 weeks. You will receive much admiration around here for that.

Are you taking any vitamins or supplements to help your body heal? May I suggest you download the book from the health store and read it. It won't take you long but I think you will find it helpful. It's not a sales pitch at all. This is not one of those websites that promise you freedom from alcohol for the guaranteed low price of $79.95.

By coming here and reading you will also find that you aren't alone and that these people are diverse, from all over the globe and all different ages, cultures, and beliefs.

You can ask anything and hopefully find out what you want to know. Since there are all different time zones represented here sometimes you have to wait a full 24 hours to get the full spectrum of answers so be patient.

I just want to ask you since you are in a funk, have you sought any type of professional help? You must have since you have meds. It could be lingering withdrawal too. do you exercise? That always helps.

Just curious.

Welcome

Rottrod:welcome:
            If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Newby Hello

Hi ZZ Top:
              8 weeks is amazing!!! You should be so proud and on cloud 9 to have achieved that. Take some time and read through the posts here. I know a lot of people get down after awhile. They find they have a lot of time on their hands or they feel life doesn't have the same "excitement" as when they were drinking. Don't give up though. Find some new hobbies, get out of your old routines. Heck, just finding this site and all the wacky people here should take up some time and cheer you up a bit!! Wishing you all the best.
              Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Newby Hello

Hi ZZ Top!! Welcome to MWO - 8 weeks is amazing!! Have you done it by yourself?? You need to keep the motivation going - I've just had my first drink on Sunday after 6 weeks AF. I'm now intending to drink only Sat & Sun evening. Reading books on the subject helped to keep me motivated eg Augustsen Burroughs' "Dry", and Caroline Knapp's "Drinking - a Love Story". Also, the MWO cds are a big help, but the best thing is coming on here regularly, its a lifeline!! Good luck ZZ!! Janice
                AF since 9 May 2012
                Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Newby Hello

Hi ZZ welcome to MWO.
                  Suz
                  Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Newby Hello

Hey 8 weeks that's great! I think that's my record in years of trying. Keep it up and the supps are important-- they don't just help you recover they also reduce the cravings and the withdrawal side effects and are helpful for depression.

Welcome here. Welcome with anything at all you want to talk about. (just don't believe anything Satori says).
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Newby Hello

Welcome ZZ, 8 wks. sober is fantastic -well done.

Starlight Impress

Comment

Newby Hello

Welcome ZZ - New and already an inspiration - what a way to start! Up and down is to be expected - I'm now 3 months AF, was on cloud 9 for the first 2 or so, but then hit a low spot a few weeks ago. I'm climbing back up again now, so hang in there and be confident that it will pass!

Glad to have you with us!
                        :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                        Goals:
                        Days 1-7 DONE
                        Days 8-14 DONE
                        Days 15-21 DONE
                        30 days DONE
                        60 days
                        100 days

Comment

Working...