Good morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning

Hi everyone. Hope you are doing well and being strong. I'm still not there yet, but working on it. I'm dealing with alot of adversities at the same time as all this, so I feel like I'm on a f'd up Rollercoaster a lot of the time. I've been reading alot of posts and replies, and there is so much insight and hopefulness as well as heartbreaking stories that I can totally relate to. I am so thankful to be part of this community. I have tried to stop drinking so many times, as well as get a grip on my depression and anxiety, that I almost believed I wanted to give up and accept that this is it....this is just my life. I'm finally realizing it's not, and doesn't have to be. And also I'm not the only one out there who feels like this. The members that have been successful in becoming AF are giving me so much advice and hope. Those that are just starting out like me are helping me not feel so alone. I never realized what common threads tie those of us who are going through this together. From similar experiences to the way we feel about ourselves and the detrimental way we are dealing with our issues. We really aren't alone. In one way or another we are all in this together, and you know what they say.....strength in numbers!

BTW, Eloise...your mailbox is full

Hi Panda

When I read your posts I am left with an overwhelming thought and I've been wondering whether to post this or not, but I think a lot of people will agree.

You have many things which are affecting your life and you talk about the adversities but there will be one common thread to all of them which you can address if you are ready to do so. You know what it is or you would not be here.

And you know what? We know exactly how you feel!

So many of us felt exactly like you do now. The stress of everything piled upon us and the overwhelming desire to blot it out with alcohol, or at least to ease the pain and anxiety through the bottle. We all felt the same way to a greater or lesser extent.

What we have all found is that once we had stopped drinking that this directly solved some of the other problems in life and it certainly made us able to deal with them more easily and rationally. Seriously, Panda, we all know that this is a fact. If you feel able to do so then I would say that stopping drinking will make you realise just how much of your situation can be resolved or improved.

It really is the key.

Tony

Comment

Good morning Katie, just remember that your peace and happiness comes from within. But it sure helps if their are other people with you along your journey!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Panda!! :bouncy:
        Thanks for the heads up on my inbox, going there now.
        (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Working...
        X