Remember me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember me

Hello it been a long long time.... I used to be called merlot100 about 5 years ago. Well I used to drink to cure my anxiety and it caught up with me if anyone of you remember. So fast forward I got help from a psychologist and dealt with the anxiety and have moderated quite well since rarely more than 2 beers a day. Well I slipped back into problems again and now I'm having about 11 units a day or let's say 6-7 beers. My anxiety came back as I have been suffering with hypochondria. Now I want to stop but I am scared of withdrawal though I'm thinking it shouldn't be an issue I'm mr paranoid any help is appreciated

Thanksi

Hi Merlot and welcome back. I do remember you! I think we all withdraw differently, for me i took valium for a few days as my anxiety was through the roof by the end of my drinking career. If you feel confident enough go to your doctor and get some advice. I am sure others will know of some over the counter meds you may be able to take. I was a 2 bottle a day drinker and just stopped and posted on the newbies nest like a lunatic to get help and support. I kept myself busy by reading on MWO and watching youtube vids on alcoholism. The fear of the unknown is awful but your anxiety will settle and life will be so much better for you.

Best of luck, you can do this.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Welcome back Merlot, I remember you too.
      Oh, that dreadful fear of the unknown. How I would love to be able to remove that from my thinking patterns too.
      I think at 6-7 units per day you probably do not need a detox facility? I am no expert.

I am a huge fan of hypnosis recording to handle anxiety as one tool to calm down.
      Glad you are back, there is an easier way. I drank to calm my anxiety as well, this backfires rather quickly as we know.
      (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Hi Merlot, I remember you too! I remember you having a tough time with your anxiety and then you just disappeared,I always wondered how things turned out, glad you're back
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Merlot, welcome back!
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Welcome Back!

For sure alcohol won't help that anxiety, either. Hope you get some good help. My first instinct is to say that you'll suffer but be ok if you are only drinking 6 beers a day. But I would recommend getting some medical advice (not from me!)

Pav

Comment

Welcome back.
              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
              X