Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoping to get out of the mess I've created for myself. I'd like to get to know you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping to get out of the mess I've created for myself. I'd like to get to know you!

Hello, I'm new here and tend to isolate. I'd love to hear from others.

I am:
    • A 58 year old married woman
    • I have one son (37) and two older stepsons, all married with children.
    • I used to be a licensed practical nurse.
    • I used to be a public housing administrator.
    • I used to be a librarian.
    • I used to work in government/IT as an information architect.
    • I like to crochet, do 'adult' coloring books, and occasionally make homemade cards.
    • My husband is 75 and disabled and I am his full time caretaker.
    • I had gastric bypass surgery, then became an alcoholic.
    • I like to read.
    • I like animals. We have a dog, a cat, and at one time had 4 guinea pigs.
    • I am in a very bad place right now. Overwhelmed. (Re-starting) Campral. Also have issues managing opiates.
    • I have fibromyalgia, high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, and anemia.
    • My house is a mess. I procrastinate.
    • I currently live in the Space Coast of Florida. Came from the Northeast 4 years ago.
    • My husband has been sober for over 25+ years and worked after retiring as a respiratory therapist, as an addiction county in jails.
    • I feel useless now. I want to get back the joy in my life!
    • I am in therapy and attending some women's AA meetings in this area. I want what they have!

This was just a brain dump. If any of this rings a bell with you (or not!) feel free to get in touch.

Valerie
    “You know you’re an alcoholic when you misplace things … like a decade.” — Paul Williams

Hi Valerie and welcome, I had a list like yours until i stopped drinking and now my life has changed completely for the better. I could not see any positives about giving up al until i did. I grabbed all the support from MWO and my family to make my quit stick and now i have the life i had many many years ago. Head over to the Newbies Nest and say hi, there is always someone there to chat to and lots of reading on different threads.

You can do this.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hello & welcome Valerie. Glad you found us & decided to join in.
      MWO is a good place, you'll find lots of comfort & support.
      We all come with different stories & have different backgrounds but we all share a common problem - AL.

Please join us on the Newbies Nest thread. It's a safe place to park yourself for a while you get started on your journey. There's definitely strength in numbers!

Wishing you the very best!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Valerie, I'm Kim. I could cut and paste almost everything you said. I isolate, and I am a complete mess. I have to figure out how to stop before it kills me. I am on day one for the hundredth time. Thanks for listening.
        Hope :h

Comment

HM head over to the newbies nest and say hi. We cant stop the madness by ourselves. There is a wealth of information on MWO and a wealth of help in the nest. Yes sadly to say al will kill us and i would probably be a statistic by now if i had not stopped nearly 3 years ago. We all understand how you feel, we have all been there in the same boat but you can stop the madness.

Take care x
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
          X