Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For any newcomers

Hi there,

Just been posting on my own thread and decided I would leave a message here.

If you are new to this forum and trying to become or stay sober this is a post to you

I want you to know what a Godsend this forum has been to me (and I would normally not use anything with the word God in it having been a self proclaimed Aethist (SP?) all my life but somehow it seems appropriate!)

I never imagined 59 days ago that I would be able to do this, I felt I was a hopeless case having drunk to excess almost my entire adult life (and I am 47 now) and I had no idea how to even begin to change.

This forum has been my salvation and I am truly grateful to all the fantastic people who have helped me , I am still only at the beginning of my sober journey but I have grown in strength since finding that there are other people who have the same illness as me, especially those who have been sober a long time.

If you want to quit/stay sober then stick around and you will get all the help you need and more, I wish you well

Note: I also attend AA meetings and can wholeheartedly recommend them
    One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

'And so begins a New Year, full of things that have never been...'

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi, I didn't know that about the site, why has that happened? (it still comes up on the first page of google searches?)
      One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your sobriety here, very encouraging & very helpful for newcomers :happy2:
        I'm really pleased your managing and enjoyed in your sobriety - well done xx
        LS
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wildflower.
        Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
        And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Working...
        X