100 Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Days

I want to post a quick message to perhaps give some hope and encouragement to those lurking/reading who may not have yet made the decision to quit.

Wow, 100 days already!! In many ways the time has flown by. In others, particularly with all the life changes I've made, it feels like I've been sober for years. But it all starts with one decision - "I will not drink today".
    • At 0 days sober, I was drinking 3-4 bottles of wine a night, a fifth of vodka or 20-25 beers (or some combination thereof)
    • At 1 day sober, I thought - "This is alright, I think I'll try for another day."
    • At 3 days sober, I thought - "Wow I'm starting to think like a normal person again. Maybe I can do a week."
    • At 7 days sober, the nightly cravings for alcohol had completely stopped (my new vice is hot tea and/or seltzer water!). "Let's make it to a whole month and take it from there."
    • At 30 days sober, I knew for sure I would never drink again. At that point, I didn't even have to make myself any promises - I simply had no desire to drink.
    • 100 days and I feel like I have literally been born again. I am happier than I have ever been and I'm so excited about the future I could squeal (I do, often :happy2

Hang in there everyone! And if you haven't started yet, start today - you will not regret it!!!

ThirdTimesACharm

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TTC!!!! what a fantastic achievement!!! :goodjob::sohappy::welldone:

Thank you for this inspirational post!
    One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Comment

Originally posted by ThirdTimesACharm View Post
      [*]100 days and I feel like I have literally been born again. I am happier than I have ever been and I'm so excited about the future I could squeal (I do, often :happy2
      What a lovely post, I am sitting here smiling broadly, I so get where you are at right now even though I am some way off 100 days, but that will come. Great going TTAC.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Whoot! Awesome post, and congratulations. Onward and upward!

Comment

Thirds, we are all massively proud of you! Would you consider putting that post in our Tool Box? Testimonials like yours are worth their weight in GOLD. Keep up the fine work, as you can see, there are very few regrets when you are sober!! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Excellent job ThreeTimesacharm! Congratulations
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Congratulations on your 100 days & thanks for sharing your thoughts on your sobriety - it is really inspiring! So pleased for you x
              Take care
              LS
              To see a world in a grain of sand
              And a heaven in a wildflower.
              Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
              And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Major milestone! Congratulations! That's how you do it.

Comment

Congratulations on your 30 days, its a great feeling aint it.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

You've turned a big corner TTC, there's no looking back now! Great job!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

WOW! So happy for you and 100 days! This is absolutely wonderful.

And your words are so inspiring - I'm on day 7 and while I haven't experienced loss of cravings yet, I did think: "Maybe I can make it a month" - just like you. Seriously, our thought processes on those days has been the same.

And hot tea is my vice as well - I almost get giddy standing in the tea aisle at the grocery store picking out new things to try!

Keep up the good work and you truly are helping those of us just starting out by showing us it can be done!

Comment

Way to go 3X!!!
                        Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                        X