Play me the script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play me the script

Just need a little encouragement. I'm having a hard time today. I'm at my brother's house catering a party and I didn't expect to want to drink this bad. Cold beer and full bar and everyone drinking.
    Guys, I don't drink anymore. I don't drink anymore. But right now I really want to f*cking drink.
    I just wanted to check in and be close to my MWO people.
    I will check back later and sober.
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Re: Play me the script

Hi Nursie,
    I'm really struggling atm, so can't offer much help but you are strong & have achieved a great deal in the past few weeks & months :heartbeat:
    Your step daughter has benefited so much from you & so have you! You should be very proud & we can do this xxx
    Sending hugs
    Take care
    LS
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wildflower.
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Nursie, keep it up. The cravings come and then they go -- even the strong ones. If you need to, step out for a break and take a little walk. Eat a brownie. Flirt. Whatever you can focus on, do it! You'll get through.

:thumbsup:
      "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

1 minute at a time if it comes down to it Nursie!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Dont do it!
          Do whatever it takes to getvthrubthis day AF! AL brings nothing but guilt, shame and remorse. Distract yourself and stay the course! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

You know that you're flexing that sober muscle just by checking in so I have no doubt you will make it through Nursie. You don't drink so tell the little monster telling you otherwise to go to his room. You've got this dear. :thumbsup:
            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
            Newbies Nest Roll Call
            Toolbox
            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Nursie you posted as you dont want to drink, you are being accountable and that is a positive. You get through this and then you will get through the next occasion until you hate al with a passion. This takes time but you will get to that stage if you dont drink. I sometimes felt i was going insane with that al voice constantly telling me it was okay but to win against that voice is a win for you. x
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Eat Nursie! Like a pig if you have to! You don't want to wake up throughout the night in a panic,you don't want the headache, dehydration, or the dissapointment in yourself tomorrow! More than likely if you did give in and drink it'd be boring anyways,totally not worth it
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Nursie - positive energy
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks guys. So far I made 4 lasagnas, wings, chicken cutlets, salads, garlic bread, etc. was very busy cooking in the kitchen. Drinking nice cold seltzer and having a bite to eat now.
                    I'm not drinking. I do not drink.
                    Day 1 again 11/5/19

One day at a time.

Comment

Ok phew. I am safely home in bed and I didn't break my quit.
                      I did take an Antabuse tablet because I was feeling wobbly and I knew that would end the internal discussion.
                      I still wanted to drink. I wanted to drink really bad. As I cooked and set up everything, I could see people drinking...becoming more relaxed and talkative...laughing...
                      But they stopped. They actually said "nah, I'm good. I will have some water now. Where's the cake?"
                      Isn't that crazy? Like...what?
                      So all along, I would have been drinking and drinking and certainly not stopping. I would have been totally hammered before I even finished cooking. I would have been loud, and inappropriate, and not even realized that most people stopped drinking and switched to coffee or water. I would have been the only drunk one there and not even realized it. Then I would have stayed over because I couldn't drive and I would wake up feeling destroyed.
                      I am not a normal drinker and that's why I don't drink.
                      Thank you MWO for always being here for me.
                      I protected my quit like a mama bear and I made it through.
                      Day 1 again 11/5/19

One day at a time.

Comment

Glad to hear it Nursie. :welldone:
                        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                        Newbies Nest Roll Call
                        Toolbox
                        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

:goodjob:
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Very happy for you that you didn't drink!... :happy2: Your so worth this Nursie!...

Comment

So happy for you, Nursie.
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                              X