The witching hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The witching hour

So here I am in my witching hour, is it hard... yes.

I have my naltrexane which calms but its hard when your in a house on your own.

Didnt we used to have an instant message / chat forum here?

Re: The witching hour

HI Scots
    I think there was a chat forum but it's not active at the moment.

This witching hour is just that...an hour...a little later and you will be through it. If you've got something you can take then that's your immediate answer.
    ALSO just think how good you'll feel later/tomorrow for NOT having given in!

You CAN do this and we're all behind you.

As you move on, try to get any Al out of the house so it reduces the temptation. Lonelyness is a bugger... I know that those were always my worst times when alone and with the opportunity but things get easier as time goes by...How many days do you have AF now?

Comment

Can you go out for a walk scot, just move out of the environment your in & as Tony has said make sure you have know alcohol in your house, Cook yourself some good food, read a book , watch a good film, this will pass.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Thanks guys.
        Yeah didn't think on it passing like you say.
        Guess it will.
        I need to eat some food too.

Comment

Sorry forgot to say I'm only on my second day.

Comment

"only" on your 2nd day scot? No, you finished day 1, the hardest day to get through! Now, just keep doing what you did to get through yesterday.

I think that is something we all faced, how to fill in the hours we used to spend drinking. I did it by reading. Before alcohol consumed me, I used to love to read so I started reading again. I've been sober a good number of days now, and I've been keeping track of the books I've read. I think in 2 more books I'll be at 750 read! I found that if I immersed myself in a good book, I forgot all about drinking!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi Scots

I agree with ABCowboy - not only day 2 you ARE on day 2 and that is so important.

These are the most difficult days but day 1 is DEFINITELY the worst - Well done you, power through this, eat some food, go for a walk, read a book, watch a box set with a packet of biscuits, knit a jumper - WHATEVER it takes keep going it WILL be worth it.

Pleased to be with you at the beginning of your AF journey!

Comment

Thanks for all encoureagement.. as we approach again...

I have my tablet at the ready and my soft drinks, I take a 50mg naltrexane cut in half, around an hour before my usual time of drinking and it works well, still ned will power though, but I achieve that by knowing if i fail, so will my wife fail to return.

Comment

Good stuff Scots, there are only negatives if we pick up that first drink, it all goes to hell again and again and again. Stay strong and keep posting, you can do this.
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Great job scotswhahay! Don't deny yourself anything you're craving in order to stay sober, particularly in the early days. Late night pint of ice cream? Go for it! 2lb Porterhouse? Yes please! Bag of cookies. Every Friday night! I probably doubled my calorie intake in the first 3 weeks just to take my mind off alcohol and to completely eliminate the possibility of me slipping. Nothing is more important right now than your sobriety! Keep going, we're all rooting for you. (It gets MUCH easier once your body and mind both come to the full realization of just how awesome it is to be sober 24/7!!!)

ThirdTimesACharm
                    Last edited by ThirdTimesACharm; April 14, 2017, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Back again today, Day 4, I'm getting twitchy since completely on my own n lonely.

not drank tho..

Comment

Morning Scots, well done on staying sober, it does get easier trust me.
                        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hita Scots, have you tools/plans in place to help you ? As we cant do this alone no matter how strong willed & determined we are .

Comment

Originally posted by mario View Post
                            Hita Scots, have you tools/plans in place to help you ? As we cant do this alone no matter how strong willed & determined we are .
                            No , not really

Comment

Originally posted by scotswhahay View Post
                              No , not really
                              Have a read of this please, its a must in trying to get your life & act together.

Also drop in here :-) https://www.mywayout.org/community/ju...bies-nest.html and here

It will all help get you on the right road with great support & advise.
                              Last edited by mario; April 15, 2017, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X