NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 15

Well this is the first chance I've had to come on today and its great seeing all your posts!! What is also lovely is seeing how many of us who appreciate Bluesky and everything she does for our newbies thread. Somebody was spot on when they said its not the same when she's not around, just take a look at the number of posts on yesterday's thread. I would just like to say a big personal thank you Blue for starting us off most days and for all your support, encouragement and acknowledgements to every single one of us. I know I wouldn't have got 42 Af days without you. Thanks Blue. Well there are far too many names to mention but I would like to say a special well done to Padme on your 30th day - I remember you Padme when you first came, you've done amazing. Ducky, I'm keeping everything crossed that all goes well with your results. To everyone else, have a great Friday evening - the diet coke is out tonight but tomorrow is treat night!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love and best wishes to every single one of you!!!!!!!!!!!!! janicexxxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 15

Sorry guys, its me again - I'm not sure whether Blue would want me to say anything but I'm so upset on her behalf and I'm worried that she might not come back on here but she's had a horrible personal message from someone and I think we need to let her know how much we need and love her. Janice
      AF since 9 May 2012

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 15

Bluesky, you have to come back we need you here on this thread. If someone sends a mean personal message to you it's because they don't have the back bone to send it pubically and they know it is wrong. I know, it's happened to me. Take it for what it is. You don't need validation from those kinds of people, I know I don't.
        If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 15

Hi Bluesky,
          I find your postings inspirational and I'm so glad that you're in 'my' time zone so I get your messages first thing in the morning. You are making a difference to other people's lives and helping us every day. It must be horrible getting a nasty message but please remember that it's THEIR problem, not yours. They are angry/drunk/whatever and they are lashing out. Of course that's not an excuse and they shouldn't do it. Do not take it personally. I'm not very hi-tech but can you block their messages in future? I really look forward to seeing your fantastic morning posts many more times!
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 15

Blue...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dob't go away...it just wouldn't be the same without you...i come here to read and share and without you ....well it just wouldn't make sense...the root of the reason that people send or say things that are mean spirited is usually due to immaturity, ignorance, or defensivness, or their own stuff....is there any way can you let it roll like water off the back of a duck?... i know its not easy when someone hurts our feelings but gosh - for my own selfish reasons, i really hope you can - i would sure miss you...i know we all would....:l :h :l buck

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 15

Blue,

I, too, look forward to reading your posts every day!! I am not nearly as good at expressing myself as you are and it helps very much that someone out there can voice their thoughts so well.

We are all in this boat together and I thank God there are so many good people out here on this board that can share, encourage and help each other!!

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 15

O, for heavens sake! Who in the hell would send a nasty PM to sweet Bluesky -- good grief the person has definite ego issues and needs to sort out their own life before spending time sending negative nasties out.
                You've made a difference Bluesky. Do you have any idea how many people you have helped and by extension their children, families and friends. No, don't let someone we should probably have compassion for, though it is difficult, ruin a good thing we got going here. Because of you. You are one of the bright lights that shines for a fellow traveler in the dark.
                Love & Light
                Padme

AF 21, March 2010

"First say to yourself what 
you would be; and then do 
what you have to do."
-Epictetus

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 15

I'm not so sure that we should have compassion for someone who sends nasty private messages. That's simply unpleasant. If they post something publicly everyone has a chance to respond, but posting to one person is insidious, especially as a lot of people here are already feeling sensitive/vulnerable. I know people are trying not to be judgemental, but surely there's a line to be drawn about bad behaviour?
                  sigpic
                  AF since December 22nd 2008
                  Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 15

Looking forward to "seeing" you on newbies tomorrow Blue. Janicexx
                    AF since 9 May 2012

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 15

newbie too...

Enjoyed reading the posts. I'm new at this, but have read the MYO book, got the tapes and supplements and so far so good - but my Dr. would not prescribe the topamax, but he did prescribe campral. I've been taking it about a week. I guess it is the combination of all of them, but I have not been obsessing about drinking - which is a major improvement!!!

I did have a few drinks two nights ago when we went out to eat with friends and was totally amazed that I was able to stop drinking that evening!!! I'm afraid to hope that I can drink like a normal person!!! I know some of you are trying for moderation. Are you feeling the same way?:new:

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 15

Sometimes Dac. Join us on day 16! (or 17, whenever you get this)

Comment

Working...
                        X