No announcement yet.

Sport Spurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m okay with whatever plan you come up with Sport because you’re doing what’s right for you. This is where I could go into a long spiel on why moderating my drinking wouldn’t work for me, but that’s me. You’re in your own set of circumstances and just might have the ability to control your drinking. If you set out your own goals and plan, stick to it, and are successful then drinking should no longer control you.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: Sport Spurt

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], thanks for recommending The Fix. I read an article on liver disease and two that were written by daughters of alcoholics. Scary good stuff. I'm going back for more.

Wow [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION], that was some post. I'm sorry to hear about the fight with your husband. Great job by you - you didn't take the bait of the beckoning good wine, you diagnosed the why, and you reasoned that the outcome would be worse had you succumb. Very strong. Also, thanks so much for your kind words.

I didn't drink yesterday. Here's my short term plan. I leave for vacation in a week. I will do a 30 when I return. In the meantime, I'll continue to reduce the harm and avoid the need for a ramp down by not drinking 3 days in a row.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], you and I were writing at the same time. Thanks for your support and I totally agree with your message.

Comment

Hey Sport - Just checking in to see how you're doing. Everything good here. In my sobriety I've realized "I'm sorry" is so powerful, both to give and receive. :happy2: Happy Fathers Day
          Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Hi [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION], I'm so glad to hear that everything is fine there. Doing fine here also. Didn't drink yesterday and sticking with the plan. Ate and drank too much for Father's Day, but had a great day. I did plan it that way so no regrets.

Comment

OK, I've stuck to my plan so far and about to leave on vacation (probably won't post for the next week). A 30 awaits me when I return!

Comment

Working...
              X