Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 weeks today

Hi all-

I guess I could say three months sober, or 84 days. I kind of like going by the week thing.

And today is my birthday. No big celebration though my sister did send me some cash. Yay

I found out that my brother died because his lungs burst. Lung cancer treatment, radiation, causes
    obviously serious issues with the lungs. I try not to think of how long he was terrified as he bled out.
    How was aware of it since he called his wife to call 911. It wouldn't have mattered if he called them himself.
    The 14 th is a memorial service.

In regard to drinking--I am starting to think about it less and less. I can see now that it just gets better and better.
    Clearly because drinking would make everything worse and worse. I have a bit of a financial crisis, and I'm sure
    I could make that a lot worse by drinking. That's one way to look at it--
    As in " Hey things are bad because of _______(fill in blank) I think I'll throw in some alcohol and really
    screw shit up." Nonsense of the highest order.

Getting through being around drinking is not hard, since I am not exposing myself to bars, or situations where
    there's a lot of it. Maybe I was the only one guzzling in those situations?? LOL

Peace and love friends--

Ann

Ann! And congrats on 3 months of sobriety, you're on the right track to make it stick
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: 12 weeks today

Happy Birthday Ann! so sad to read that about your brother you just keep doing what you've been doing-its working!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Ann, first of all, Happy Birthday! May this be the first of many, sober birthdays. 12 weeks is just magnificient! Things get better and better, too, the more distance you get from AL, the more clearly you can see just how destructive it is.....for anybody. I am just thrilled for you!

I will be holding you close in my thoughts as your brother's service approaches. Those things are never easy. Hugs dear lady, keep up the great work! XO, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Happy birthday Ann!

And congrats on 3 months of sober life. :balloons:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Happy Birthday, Ann!

Comment

Thanks everyone-
              I had a nice dinner with my daughter and turtle cheesecake-yum

It's amazing how clear it is that drinking was a pursuit; it's not like there are a lot of occasions to do it. It just becomes a
              destructive way of life. I see now that most people don't live that way. Alcohol does not have to be in the plan, at all.
              Things transpire nicely without it. Hmmm...good to know - haha

It seems easier to stop being negative toward myself. I need to lose 20 lbs? Ok I can do that- doesn't make me a bad person.
              Financial difficulties? Still- not a bad person. Procrastinator? Again - not a bad person.
              Nice to know I don't have to degrade myself constantly. Maybe that realization is a part of the key understanding.

All in all life is good.

Peace and love

Ann

Comment

Happy Birthday Ann, sorry for the belated greeting. And huge congrats on your 12 weeks - no small feat that's for sure, and it's fantastic to hear you really turning the corner on embracing your quit and reaping the rewards.

Having said that, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. I can only imagine how he must have felt, and how you must be feeling as you think about him. It's all very sad, and my heart goes out to you. Sending you strength and hugs as you navigate this next bit. But yes, adding al to the mix would truly be nonsense - you know that and I'm glad to hear you sound so solid about it.

Wags :hug:
                Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Working...
                X