NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 20

Hi all and good day to all Im new here so bear with me I have been reading threads posted here everday for almost a month now. what is the difference between MWO and AA ?? was a member of AA with the revolving door effect put together some years and went out and stayed out now Im back with almost two months sober dont go to meetings anymore I am just not drinking today. The shame and the guilt always seem to lead me back to the bottle, fear keeps me sober and maybe thats why I am sober today, Still feel like a loser etc. Hey thanks for all the posts its great to know I am not alone

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 20

Blue: Good luck & will keep you in my thoughts. I slipped last night not totally down on myself. Will just start again today. Love you all, Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 20

Hello everyone. Bluesky, take good care - we'll be thinking of you, do try and get in touch as soon as you can!! A big well done to Change on 14 AF days, and to Kitty - 3AF days and 2NS days, keep it going!! Well done with the job too! Louise - good to hear from you in Seattle! A special welcome to Karbihere - sorry don't really know much about AA - maybe read the MWO book or download it from here then you can decide. Garden girl - thanks for your poem, it cheered me up.

I'm having a bit of a down day really. I so want a drink and I so nearly had one tonight! My husband's away, he's just rang and I told him I nearly had one. He's so lovely and talked me through it. I realise though its all down to stress with me. Its been one of those days - again with my mam who still continues to drink even though she's so ill- and then my dad has gone back in hospital again today, breathing problems all down to problems with his heart valves and he's too frail to have anything done really. I know if I have one I will be breaking my "no weekday" rule so I'm trying to hang on but I can't settle to do anything, feel like a coiled spring!!!! Haven't been able to get on the computer for ages as my son has been on tonight so talk about pacing the floor!!!!!!!!!! Anyway I'm back on and you guys have just rescued me once again so thanks!!!! What are we going to do without Bluesky???
        AF since 9 May 2012
        Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 20

We are certainly going to miss Bluesky! But we will get through it and be stronger when she returns I hope.

Retteacher, I slipped last night (went over my mods goal) too. Let''s dust ourselves off...You seem in a good frame.

Janice, so glad hubby talked you through. You can make it. You are doing so well to just have a bit on the w/e. Can you do something else to relax yourself? You really are an inspiration, both for those who want AF and those who want mods...

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 20

Thanks Ducky, I haven't done the hypno cds for ages- I am sure they made a difference and need to get back into them. Hi retteach, good to hear from you too. Janicexx
            AF since 9 May 2012
            Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 20

Take care, Bluesky - and everybody else.

You guys have a nice thing going here ....

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 20

Hi Karbihere and :welcome: ,

Retteach sorry to hear you are feeling low, as you said just start again tomorrow, we all have our little slips, they don't stop us though we're too determined!!!!

Keep strong Janice you know you can do it.

Well it's 9.00pm here and looks like I'll make it af and ns again. Bought a bag of carrots to munch on which are helping with the cigarette cravings, it's funny how they come and go. Sometimes I don't think about it a all then it will just hit me. I went to my MIL's earlier and she smokes and I spent 15 mins breathing through my mouth because the smell really triggered the craving.

I think tomorrow will be hard for me being the 4th day so we'll see. Got a few things planned to keep myself busy.

See you all tomorrow, have a good evening all,

Kitty
                Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                Confucius

Comment

Working...
                X