Newbies in Need - Day 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need - Day 21

Yes Louise, alcohol and vacation seem to go together. Wait a minute, alcohol and everything seem to go together...that's the problem, lol.

Enjoy your trip!

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 21

Uda: I cannot moderate. I so relate to the whole obsession of when, where, & how much. 7 AF days is very excellent. Keep going. I know you're wanting to go for the 30 days. I really hope you do.
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 21

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all doing well. Congratulations on days 7 Uda... every day is tough, but it's tougher at the beginning (no, hang on, it's always tough!).

Janice, hope you're feeling better. Just remember that life is full of ups and downs and usually the downs pass, thank goodness. And usually only last a night. It is not worth throwing away all that good work you've done just to start again

I am on my 15th day sober and am feeling good. Apart from about 3 nights of weakness, where i almost succombed (thank goodness for you good people), i have been alcohol free.

Last night, on my way home from work, i was tempted to buy a can. "Just one can" i thought to myself. But, i know well that it wouldn't stop at that. It would be 1 can and then back to the bottle shop for a bottle.

So, i pretty much came to the conclusion that i need to remain alcohol-free for pretty much the rest of my life.

As Irish Lady said, i am potentially 1 step away from letting my life slide into the saddening state that it was and i am doing everything possible to avoid that.
        One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Working...
        X