Lilac Lover Lurks No Longer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI, I have been lurking aroung the MWO site for several months, even before registering. I am so glad I found it thru a newspaper article. I feel a little guilty as I feel I know you all a little already and have become fond of you !! You have all helped me so much already. The last year I started drinking morning, noon and night...and began to hate myself...well you know the story. I was ruining my health and my marriage. I have the supps, the CDs and the topa. I have been on the supps and topa 2 weeks. Miraculously, I was easily able to stop the morning and noon drinking. Finally realized I would have to stop the night drinking on my own. So today is my 4th day AF ! I feel great !! Haven't told my anyone what I am doing as noone knew how much I was actually drinking (not even my husband). We even went out to our usual Friday night dinner which we eat at the bar at our favorite Italian restaurant and have our usual cocktails and I had club soda. Told him I am trying to lose weight (which I am as I have put on a ton this past year !!!). Well enough of this. I hope to join you all daily and stay on track. I am sure I will need encouragement in this journey. Thanks for all you have done for me so far !!! Keep up the good work. Hopefully I can repay in some way sometime. Lilac Lover.:new:
    Lilac

Hi Lilac Lover,

That is so great! Welcome aboard .

You were very wise not telling anyone what you are doing, and well done on the club soda at your favourite restaurant. That is very strong. Places where we used to drink offer cues and if you can get over that, then you are well on your way (in my opinion) to giving up drinking.

Isn't it great just feeling good?
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

You go Girl!

4 days AF has to feel good after drinking all day everyday...

That's awesome!

I am just starting out as well... moderating for one week so far, after drinking a bottle (sometimes 2) almost every night for years..

The way I see it, it's not a difficult choice..

I either sort out my drinking...or have a miserable life..

I have decided..

Sounds like you have as well..

Big Hugs

David
      The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it... I can resist everything but temptation.
      Oscar Wilde

Comment

Lilac Lover,
        I love Lilacs, I used to grow them but found when I really tried they did lousy, when I left them alone they flourished. That was when I lived in Oklahoma. I don't see any here in South Texas, maybe they need a cold winter.

It sounds like you are doing great. I waited to tell my husband until I had everything in place because I did not want to get his hopes up and then let him down. His mother was an alcoholic for many years and he wanted so badly for me to stop. He has been wonderful and has not felt the need to micromanage this at all. Even when I have had some wine in the evening, he knows that most nights I don't have any. He knows that I am determined to make this work and eventually live a life of abstinence, not moderation. However understanding and loving our spouses and partners may be, if they are non problem drinkers they can never really relate to the ripping and shredding our psyche goes through when we go through this process of quitting. I've had days of being terribly irritable or emotional and I'm never irritable or terribly emotional except maybe one day a month and we know what that is. So all in all I'm so pleased with the progress, because I felt pretty hopeless when I found this site, I just hit a bumpy place last week but I'm still very motivated and excited about this journey. The friends and family here are the best.

There is a newbies thread that is new every day, we would love to have you check in there every day, but you are welcome in any forum.

Melissa
        If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Hi Lilac Lover,

I'm new here too, but welcome!

NYCGirl

Comment

Welcome lilac. I'm glad you are here as well as the other newcomers.:welcome:
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hi.
              That's what we are all about ! Helping each other. I need your encourgement as much as you need ours ! Keep up the good work!!!!
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Welcome! Glad you are with us, you are doing very well so far, looking forward to reading more of your posts!
                "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Hi Lilac,

So glad you are not lurking anymore and becoming part of the family here. Look forward to hearing more from you. Sounds like you are well on your way!! :welcome:
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Welcome LL!!! Glad you are no longer a lurker!

All the best to you in your journey.

lucky

Comment

Hi Lilac Lover and welcome,
                      Seems you`re well on the way to getting a grip on your life. We`re all in this together. Support here is awesome.

Best wishes,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Hi and welcome. You've made it through the hardest part. It's the first few days (at least for me) that are always the hardest. (As you can tell, I've been through this several times). You are really strong and have taken control of your life. Looking forwar to hearing more about yoyur progress. Remember we're all here to support each other through the good and the bad, so don't hesitate to share your triumphs and if things get rough, come straight here.
                        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hi Lilac and :welcome: ,

You must be in a different time zone to me so I'm bumping this to the top, so some others can say hi.

Glad you found us, this place is fanatstic, the support is unbeleivable. I am learning new things every day from being here and every day I feel a little more equipped to get this thing licked once and for all.

See you around (join the Newbie thread it's good fun!)

Kitty
                          Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                          Confucius

Comment

That is wonderful!! Congrats on the AF days!!!
                            It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                            James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Hello Lilac Lover and Welcome,

What a beautiful avatar! I can almost smell the lilac. I hope you post lots!

Like you I waited until I had everything pretty well 'under control' before introducing myself here and in many respect that was a pretty good idea. Best of continued good luck .

Welcome to David (a fellow Aussie) also. You sound incredibly strong positive. Good for you!

:welcome:

Robin

Comment

Working...
                              X