At this point: Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I too have been married for 32 years and the only thing that comes between us is my drinking. Like you retteacher I sneak around a lot...unlike your husband, when he catches me he is livid and disgusted !! His father was and my mother is alcoholic and he can't stand being around people who "aren't themself". He drinks very moderately and has no objection to my having cocktails out to dinner etc. He doesn't really know how much I have slipped the last few years or that I have started this program. But things are looking up...day 8 AF today...first time in about 10 years. If is wasn't for all of you I wouldn't be here...so thanks. Lilac
    Lilac

Comment

Lilac: I am doing MWO unbeknowst to my husband. Probably, I hide better which has prolonged & progressed the drinking. Also, I think my husband knows something is wrong & is just not willing to intervene. At any rate, I'm really determined & MWO has been a godsend, because I never admitted to anyone at all that I have a problem. 10 days is super. How has your newfound sobriety effected your life so far. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

You are doing well Mary (Retteacher),

I have only been married half the length of yours but my husband can't understand why I love the drinking so much, one sip and I'm in love all over again !!

He has one sip and doesn't have another one for 12 months if he doesn't want to. To me THAT is not normal !!
        Please keep trying and letting us know how it goes.
        Diamond xx
        I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
        I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Working...
        X