Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need - Day 1

Hi all,
    Sounds as if everyone is cheerful today. I have had a tough af day. They don't sell beer here on Sunday and I spend all day trying not to drive to Florida to get some. I got loads of work done around the house and even cleaned out my car in 100 degree weather. Now I'm just worn out and feeling a bit sick, got too hot I think.So I made it through. What a relief. bird

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 1

Great stuff bird............am so pleased for you!!!

Am off to bed now.

Goodnight all.

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 1

Hiya Bird,

Well done for not going to Florida. Hope you cool soon after cleaning your car in that heat.

Keep in the shade now and drink some water.

See you tomorrow,

Kitty
        Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
        Confucius

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 1

Change: 25 days is a big achievement.

Birdie: congrats on resisting the road trip.

I was listening to my CDs today and there was an interesting piece of advice. If you have a setback, don't throw in the towel. look at the big picture, how you have done over a period of time...

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 1

Nancy: I do think many of us use alcohol to escape from our feelings. I have asked myself few times: "Why am I feeling this way?" It's especially helpful if I'm feeling restless or a general anxiety. I'm the type of person whom others depend on. Sometimes I feel like I just want to run away from it all. I think if I take better care of myself in terms of rest, relaxation, etc., I wouldn't use alcohol to calm myself. Anyhow, I want to take my recovery one day at a time. I'm trying not to judge myself too harshly when I slip up. Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 1

Hi Teach:

We are in different life circumstances but have some things in common.

Maybe you would like Pema Chodron. I was listening to her CDs today. She talks about how stuck we get in these negative thinking patterns and need something to turn to. She says that in the West, people are too down on themselves. We should start each day with an affirmation, an intention not to get stuck in all these things and at the end of the day, reflect on how well we did. If you fall short, meditate on that and feel glad that you have the insight to recognize you succumbed to this all-to-human tendency. When I listen to this, I feel a nice sense of release.

In one of her books, she said to look at your bad points the way a mother bird looks with love at her ugly ducklings. I like that comparison. The love and support for yourself should be unconditional. Somehow I think that if that was there, the desire to escape would start to dissipate? Hope I am not deluding myself.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 1

Nancy, I really like the mother bird and duckling analogy. Bird. I'm sorry uou are having a tough time. Be proud of yourself for not going to Florida and getting a lot done. I find the heat relly draining too. Lucky thanks for stopping in and giving encouragement and some pointers about rules. During my 6 weeks active here it has become clear there are a number that aren't always clear to newbies.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 1

pardon my lack of whatever but what is it about the typo of "myo" that is so upsetting to Lucky and some other folks here? I accidentally did that once and got some pm's to be careful about it but no one said why. am I missing something that should be obvious to me?
                  If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Working...
                  X