Story of a Newbie Northern Lass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

by the way, if my punctuation goes awry it's because i'm typing with one hand, holding my baby girl on my knee- shes cutting her first teeth and is whingier than usual! all the best to everyone- miss cdj x

Comment

Hello MissCDJ and welcome! Its great you have found this site. I joined back in feb and MWO has become a lovely warm blanket that I turn to in times of stress!!! That sounds a bit strange but you know what I mean? Anyway, lots of people here who will support you and help you through your journey. I was a bottle or 2 a night girl and now I'm a soda water girl! I am 4 months pregnant too so this has been and is very hard but I'm getting there slowly. Keep posting and all the best. Bella xxx

Comment

Welcome missCDJ. I am new today as well and know exactly what you mean by 'new Monday beginning'. I am also a mother and feel fine after a bottle of wine -- just don't ask my waistline or next day guilty conscience. Good luck with MWO. I hope it will work for the both of us.
        You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it. Maya Angelou

Comment

Hi. Today is my first day here and I am struggling with the exact same thing as you. I have yet to have a sober weekend but am hoping to break the pattern this time. I too can have a bottle of wine and feel fine but need two to see me through. I'm hoping this is my last Monday resolutionfest and that I will stay strong come Friday. It's so comforting to find a kindred spirit.
          You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it. Maya Angelou

Comment

Glamour,
            You come to the right place. Read the MWO paper work, Start taking the Meds. It will take that chemical dependensey that you have & calm it down. Then Read & post, as your doing. There is alot of support here. IAD:welcome:
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Welcome MissCDJ and Glamour,

There is a lot of support here and so many people willing to talk at any time of the day or night. Keep posting and talking.

I wish you both the very best
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Hi to all, and especially Miss CDJ and Glamour. I'm brand new here too, and I look forward to getting to know folks and sharing this journey. Miss CDJ congratulations on AF day #1 if I read that right. And glamour I know those Mondays all too well....hoping to change that just like you. (although it's daily for me)

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                X