Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Monday of atonement -- hopefully the last.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Capricorn1. I'm happy to hear from so many people who are struggling with the same problem as myself. My husband is so sick of hearing my Monday morning pledges to sobriety. I was getting discouraged having no one to talk to but the tired voice in my own head. Joining this group is the most hope I've had ever in beating this. I look forward to hearing more from you and everyone else who was so kind to reply to my post today. I now believe that support is an absolute necessity.
    You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it. Maya Angelou

Comment

Thanks Starlight Impress. I appreciate your wise advice and have been looking into therapy. I too think it will help much better than a buzz and the inevitable paranoia and feelings of impending doom.
      You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it. Maya Angelou

Comment

Monday Blues...

Hi Glamourwitch,

I can so relate to your story and was just thinking to myself this morning how to get rid of the weekends. I've been doing very well at moderating and going AF during the week with the program. I've even cut down on my Friday drinks (I think two this Friday). But by Saturday and Sunday, I'm back to my old habits putting away a bottle of wine each night easily. I wake up Monday feeling horrible, guilty and fat. I'm going to try and think of SOMETHING to change in my weekend routine. Very hard. Maybe putting a specific goal or limit on my drinks so I don't over do it...

I haven't had the courage to try the 30 day AF thing, but I can feel it coming..

Good luck to you! At least it's nice to know there are others out there who can relate!
        Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.:h

Comment

Hi icandothis. I recently got a job working on the weekends. I don't need the job but it's the only thing I haven't tried yet so I'm forcing myself. I'm not thrilled about working weekends and being away from my son but something has got to give. I'm hoping that it will help me stop drinking or seriously cut down. My first weekend day is this Sunday. I'll post how it goes. Good luck to you as well.

Comment

Working...
          X