Hello - Introducing myself....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Doggygirl; November 28, 2017, 11:20 AM.
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Hi dg and a warm welcome.

Looks like you`re all set to win the booze war.

Good luck on your journey,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Hi DG,
      Welcome to MWO. You've done so well already. Keep it up, with a good attitude and help and support from MWO you'll get that freedom.
      Good to have you here.
      Suz
      Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Last edited by Doggygirl; November 28, 2017, 11:21 AM.
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi DG, welcome, I'm really glad you plucked up the courage to jump in. Sounds like you have a really good plan going on, lots of the members here say that it is essential to have a plan so well done on a good start. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

L
          Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

mmmmthat sounds good!!!

welcome doggy girl...cap

Comment

:welcome: DG!! You've come to the right place! Lots of support here!! And your life is waiting for you!! Sounds like you have a plan and you're putting into action...good for you!

Mmmmm, LOVE vidalia onions!! Enjoy your dinner!! I look forward to hearing more from you~~
              "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Hi DG,

Your dinner does sound yummy. Sounds like you have a plan and you are already mindful about your drinking.

Welcome to MWO and see you around.

Kitty
                Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                Confucius

Comment

Hi DG

Welcome,
                  I'm new here also. I want to wish you all the best. I'd also like to hear other's experiences with River Pharmacy as I'm considering ordering there as well.

Thanks,
                  Aud

Comment

Welcome DG and great first step pouring out the wine. I am glad you found us all! Take care.
                    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Welcome Doggygirl! Today is my first day as well. I'm inspired by many of the stories and touched by the kindness of everyone who jumped in and offered me their support right off the bat. I was really nervous about all of this but have decided I'm here to stay. I hope you are as well. We can accomplish so much more together than alone.
                      You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it. Maya Angelou

Comment

Welcome doggygirl,

We are the same age and have been drinking about the same amount of time. I've been here since April and my life has changed in all the ways I hoped it would.
                        I wanted to moderate but have decided to go for af, I think it will be easier for me.

Check out our newbies in need thread each day for encouragement and just to talk about your progress. If you have been lurking I'm sure you know that all time zones and geographical areas are represented here so it takes a while for everyone to get around to answering.

You will love this place!

Melissa
                        If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Hi, and :welcome: It's important to have a plan. We have many successful members who are alcohol free because they tried mods and it didn't work or for others it works with very controlled situations. Once we have the intent to curb the drinking we will show improvement.

I recommend reading Irish Lady's posts, as well as KatesM, Xtexan, Paddy, Popeye, Pansy, and so many others in the long term abstainer posts. I am truly not meaning to leave anyone out, this is just a top of the head mentioning.

Good Luck, and stay with us.:h
                          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Great idea from rotrod.
                            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hi Doggygirl, welcome to the greatest site and community there is to help battle this dependence. Congratulations on quitting smoking! You definitely have determination and a plan, like others have said, that is essential. I am mods but I believe I must go AF to be free of the "where and when and how" thoughts that dominate my day. :welcome: Suz
                              The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Working...
                              X