Hello - Introducing myself....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome DG, glad to have you in the family. You are starting out right and it sounds like you know your mind. See you on the boards
    bear
    What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
    ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Welcome DG this is a good site to come to. The love and support is wonderful and so much information to our problems. Your story sounds a little like mine and rotttod. I'm the same age and have drank to much since my 20's and did smoke too. I did quit last Sept. and have cheated here and there. I hope to moderate, I think I will try getting the topamax from the RiverPharmacy. I wish you luck and keep reading and posting.

Comment

Hello Doggygirl! I love that photo of a German Shepherd- I adore those dogs. Welcome to MWO. You sound full of good spirit and ready for a change. I really liked how you used the word "Freedom" from the Alcohol. To live a life free. That is how it should be. That is how I want to be. Like you I too gave up the ciggarettes 4 months ago. I found this amazingly easy considering I was 20 a day. That old bugger Alcohol is not so easy to let go of! Anyway, grasp every tool you can get and throw yourself into this program. You will make new friends. We are all lovely!!!!!! Keep posting and I look forward to hearing more from you. Bella xxx

Comment

Hello DG:

Welcome! I am relatively new here myself and have found it to be a great community. Lots of support and good advice.

Your dinner sounded delish and I think we may have something in common. I love to cook and have been trying to figure out how to channel my energy towards doing something I really like and making a difference in the community - maybe start cooking for 'Meals on Wheels' or a soup kitchen for those in need - that would surely beat knocking off 5-6 drinks every evening.

Well anyway, welcome to our community and best of luck!

John
          John
          AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Last edited by Doggygirl; November 28, 2017, 11:21 AM.
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Welcome from MissCDJ

Hello Doggygirl (is that your doggy on the pic?) and welcome! Your dinner sounded delicious by the way, I'm 2 days into being sober and it does help to put more effort into preparing nice meals, I've found. Before I was too busy enjoying my first drinks of the evening to concentrate on cooking! Often the next day I'd find conjealed side dishes in the microwave I'd heated up then forgotten about when pissed! Like you I don't want to tell my GP, this is a small village and I don't want to be judged...This is a program that does seem to work, keep posting, I wish you well with it... MissCDJ X

Comment

:welcome:
                I think if you can go for a period without it, and then re-evaluate, that would be really the best.

Comment

Hi Doggygirl - welcome to MWO - I'll see you over on the newbies thread.

Luc

PS: had to laugh; MissCDJ brought back memories of the numerous next morning 'finds' in the micro of unserved veg, or sauce - guess we didn't need them anyway.
                  Gonnabee not Wannabee

Comment

Welcome DG, just wanted to say I am glad you found this place. If you allow it to, it will change your life. :welcome:
                    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hi, Doggygirl! Is the GSD in your avatar one of your own? She's gorgeous!

Comment

Hi DG...sounds a yummy meal..even better without the wine.
                        you did it with the fags are there any strategies from giving up the ciggies that might help with the booze too?

Keep posting and keep positive.

Regards Cassy

Comment

Hi DG,

Sounds as if you're sorted as to how you're going to tackle this. With a positive attitude like you seem to have, you'll certainly succeed.

The GSD looks like mine, except mine is a longhair. I'll see if I can get a photo of him as an Avator (no good with technology though, so I'll probably blow up my computer - that will please the headmistress of an IT Manager at our company). Even taking the dogs for longer walks, or more of them will take your mind off of the cravings. I usually walk Jo in the evenings, but was always half cut when I took him - it's been nice since I've cut the booze to actually be sober!!

I am more of a Keith Floyd - drinking whilst cooking until pissed. Most of my creations have been subject to drinking a few glasses of wine BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER the meal. I've now knocked that on the head and pour a glass of grape juice or non alcoholic wine when I'm cooking - not thesame I know but at least I'm in control.

I know what you mean - it sounds as if you're on the outside looking in. We're all in thesame boat here and are there for each other.

Keep up the good work.
                          Sweet:welcome:

Comment

Last edited by Doggygirl; November 28, 2017, 11:22 AM.
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                            X