Zyban and alcohol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zyban and alcohol?

My partner was prescribed Zyban yesterday. SHe has been depressed and wanted some help. She was going to get the same anti-dep before but told her doc she drinks too much so doc gave her Zyban (which i want to take too).

Anyone have any info on Zyban being effective in alcohol craving?

:thanks:
    Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
    Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Zyban and alcohol?

Hi Deilight,

This is info on Zyban from the manufacturer (Glaxo Smithkline)

http://emc.medicines.org.uk/emc/asse...ocumentid=3957

Note specifically: "Zyban is a medicine that is used to help you stop smoking. You should not use it for any other purpose."
    And: "You should NOT take Zyban if you have stopped drinking suddenly after prolonged or heavy drinking."

Elsewhere on the web there are warnings about Zyban combined with alcohol. I guess it depends on whether you trust your doc or not?
    Hope this helps.
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Zyban and alcohol?

thanks marshy

I've read all that myself (it's in the box). It's not my doctor and I don't trust ANY doctor PERIOD! I have mailed my GF the link and asked if she could maybe phone her doc., I mean there are so many other drugs for depression and alcohol and this just doesnt' seem right. She also said she shoul d take 3 a day for a month and then 2. sounds fishy. My gf told her she was depressed and drinks too much and this is what she gets. You think maybe the doc is on drugs?! ha ha
      Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
      Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

Zyban and alcohol?

Been there done that

I was perscribed Zyban for smoking and I was still drinking. Then one day I had seizures which is listed in the side effects. The QUACK that gave it to me said to take one every time I wanted a smoke (I was a 2 pack a day guy)!!!!!!!!! I am scared of it!

Comment

Working...
        X