Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vivitrol Users? Side Effects? Results? Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems to be only a few vivitrol users I can find.

How are you feeling?

When did you start?

Taking anything else?

Any advice?

I started 2 days ago. Also taking Campral and Chantix. Started phenobarbital today as the Dr. worries abour siezures.

I'm mostly nauseated midly, anxious, sleepless, and aggresive. Chantix is know to make me sick, but have been on it 2 weeks. The place of the shot, on my right a$$ cheek burns and aches.

No advice yet, other than get it in the cheek you lean on the least!

no one else on it?

Comment

Got my 1st shot on monday

The hardest thing to me so far (day 8 ) is simply trying to figure out what is fun? The past 20yrs never felt like this ! Don't get me wrong this drug I belive has saved me all without getting an AA meeting shoved down my throat . I just do not think that way works for all,certainly not myself.And yes more than a few poor souls probably did'nt quite deserve the tounge lashing they got for not getting my starbucks FAST ENOUGH LOL !
      So we added Campral to the Vivitrol mix and it seems to take a bit of the attitude/anger down a couple of notches. Good Luck!!!!!!!!! Michael

Comment

Well, I'm not completely AF. But, I am drinking about 90% less than I used to. Onlt taking Vivitrol this week. Instead of 12 whiskeys, I can drink a beer and forget about it. Have you thought of trying to find something new to keep you occupied? I'm tinkering on some stuff, bought new books, bought some plants to put in...things to occupy my head.

Comment

working alot

Luckily my group of friends don't really party THANK GOD! So as luck would have it I have many people around on my side. However since none of them are in my spot it feels as though they are sometimes talking out their ass! They mean well I know but that aggravation gets me! And I am starting counseling Thursday . And keep telling myself I am stronger than some stupid bottle!

Comment

Hi anyone else on vivitrol recently?

Comment

lulylucy18;834767 wrote: Hi anyone else on vivitrol recently?
              Hi LucyL... just for your info in case you didn't know.....this is what Wikipedia says about Vivitrol...
              From what I've seen, there are people here on Nal...maybe ask for input under that name........
              Stirly

Naltrexone is an opioid receptor antagonist used primarily in the management of alcohol dependence and opioid dependence. It is marketed in generic form as its hydrochloride salt, naltrexone hydrochloride, and marketed under the trade names Revia and Depade. In some countries including the United States, an extended-release formulation is marketed under the trade name Vivitrol
              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

thank you girly! i ended up getting vivitrol! i love it! i take it with topomax, i was a daily binge drinker at least 7 vodka sodas a night at 27 and 130lbs, not good i was blacking out and most recently cracked my head open and did not rememember how. i have not drinken since. the cravings are managable now, i hope this lasts.

Comment

Vivitrol literally saved my life!

My insurance won't pay for it anymore and I started taking Bac and Naltrexone (tablets) since... I've been drinking more.

Seriously, once I got that shot... the very next day? Cravings and desire went POOF!
                  The Universe stirs up our comfortable nests, and pushes us over the edge of them, forcing us to use out wings...

Comment

Hi,

I'm new here. (Also posted this in Help ASAP). I got my second (not consecutive) Vivitrol shot on Friday and my butt cheek is hard as a rock and SWOLLEN as hell. Half of my ass looks like Kim Kardashian's...and it hurts like hell too. Last shot there was only a lump at the site.

Anyone have any ideas? The place I went to is a Clinic and it takes 1/2 day just to get the shot, so no, I'm not going back for an emergency.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Are you possibly allergic? Sometimes allergic reactions don't occur with the first exposure because your body doesn't even know what this new thing is, but then the second time is the charm.

You're probably not thinking about much else right now anyway, but definitely keep close watch and be mindful of other allergy symptoms. Difficulty breathing, things like that. And consider getting it checked out. Strongly consider.

Comment

Working...
                      X