how's the vivitrol working for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is day 8 without a drop. I am proud of myself but still terrified that for some reason the urge is gonna come back! This injection so far is AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!! Hope it keeps up !Anyone else got any viewpoints Help me out here.

I got the vivitrol injection for the first time on Sept 16th.. the first 10 days was astounding, no desire to drink, i had a drink at dinner with friends and had no desire to have more.. truly wonderful...

it started wearing off for me though to the point that I was killing a bottle of wine at night and it felt good... got a 2nd injection on Oct 16th and it did almost nothing.

Quite disappointing because that first 10 days was like a glimpse into the life of a normal drinker. No hangovers,had lots of energy, total control over what i drank.

I'm not sure if it's just the time release, going to try naltrexone pill form and see if that has any better effects but the doc won't let me til Nov 16th.

Comment

The shot was mentioned to me at rehab. I was told it costs 500-700 dollars and the shot was painful with a thick needle slowly injected to the butt???? Insurance I think does pay for it. Glad to hear good results. Staying clean is a day to day effort. One day at a time. What ever it takes to keep the urges away......just do it! :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
      X