Adrafinil (Olmifon) - Anyone tried it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried Adrafinil (brand name Olmifon) recommended to counteract the topamax brain fog in the MWO book?

I tried one pill yesterday (I'm studying for a midterm) and it worked great! Ever since I started taking the topamax (my doc started me on 50 mg, which I've been on for about a week and a half, with an extra 25 mg a day for the last three days), I've been finding it really hard to wake up and stay awake. Since I work from home the temptation to nap has been really hard to resist. But it's really been helping me moderate my drinking (haven't had more than three bottles in an evening since I started - and believe me that's a real feat!)

The Adrafiinil had no side effects that I noticed (no upset stomach, headache, etc.) - although I took it with food, as was recommended. In about 20-30 minutes I felt gradually more awake but not high or "up", like I was on speed or had too much caffeine or anything like that. I was able to concentrate on my work and studies. Later in the afternoon I started to feel a bit shaky but I often feel that way when I'm hungry and the shakiness went away when I had a bite to eat so I don't think it had anything to do with the drug.

Anyhow, I was very pleased with the effects. Anybody else tried it? I'm curious to hear about other people's experiences.
    I spend all my time treading water, just barely keeping my head above the waves... my past weighs me down & my fear of the future is drowning me.....
    :new:

I have it but haven't tried it yet. I get nervous about starting new things, I'm super sensitive to all drugs. (I have IBS and have several issues with that!) I like your post and the optimism. I'll give it a try. How much did you take initially?

Comment

Hi Bananas - great name btw.

Yep, when I was on topa I used it daily as I had really bad topa dopa. I couldn't string a sentence together when I titrated over 75mg. I didn't have any real feelings from the adrafinil but it did help me work and actually live my life properly. No side effects I could account to the adrafinil soley.

I'm now trying Naltrexone as I couldn't get the topa dose right and stay consisent with it and also the cost of topa + adfrafinil was a lot more than the naltrexone on it's own.

day 6 and it's going well so far.

good luck

xxx

Comment

I take Adrafinal, not because of topa, because I have OCD. It makes me much calmer than normal. trust me I am high strung. The only down side I have with it is it totally takes away my apetite. I have had eating disorder in the past, so I have to be oh so careful as not to fall back into that anorexic past I had. I'm really to thin right now and have to force myself to eat. but isn't it always something
        smiles
        Mar

Comment

Gret - I took one pill - not sure the dosage, they just came in blister packs and the site I found suggested a starting dose of "one pill". I took one pill yesterday and one again today. I'm quite pleased with the effect and it's definitely helped with the topamax effects.
          I spend all my time treading water, just barely keeping my head above the waves... my past weighs me down & my fear of the future is drowning me.....

Comment

Hi - Can you get the adrafinal on-line? If so where? I couldn't find it on River Pharmacy where I got the topa...Thanks.

Comment

I'm also curious on were to get this at.

Comment

I bought it here:
                Buy Olmifon, Adrafinil Online

It's a UK company but they charge in US dollars (I think). Anyhow, they have lots of interesting products and the shipping was reasonable and quite fast. On the outside of the package they list the contents as "supplements" so it shouldn't cause a problem with customs - at least I received it in Canada with no problems (I'm not sure what the rules are like in other countries).

Oh, on the page I posted the link to above, it did say they couldn't ship the product to addresses in the UK or EU so I guess it's against the rules there.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I'm not sure it helped that much. I'm very groggy on the topa and can't seem to get past that. I took one Adrafinil in the morning and one in the afternoon, but still felt so tired all day. I think I function better as a drinker!

Comment

are you also doing the suppliments?
                    Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

The supplements give me sever diarrhea. Kudzu and milk thistle are the worst. Not sure what the evening primrose does. I dropped all of them. I think the fatigue is wearing off a bit, I'm doing better. I'm feeling a bit more clear. It was silly to say I function better as a drinker. I don't want to be a drinker, esp. like what I was doing! it was way excessive. Is anyone else amazed at how many people have this problem and realize they have it? I'm so surprised by this. I wonder why I'm surprised.

Comment

Where to buy Adrafinil (Olmifon)

mom of three;218050 wrote: Hi - Can you get the adrafinal on-line? If so where? I couldn't find it on River Pharmacy where I got the topa...Thanks.
                        You can buy Adrafinil at AwakeBrain.com

Comment

Gee thanks Dr B.!!!*

*reported
                          :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                          :what?:
                          sigpic
                          Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                          A Forum
                          Trolls need not apply

Comment

LoOp,

Come on. She has been looking for it for almost 4 years now.

LL
                            The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

Why would you report him?

I found this thread solely through a google search specifically for information like that.
                              The OP of a thread, any thread, is not the only person interested in the information contained therein.
                              Or the only one that can benefit from it. People may come along many month or years later
                              and discover a valuable nugget of wisdom.

For instance:

Antiaging-Systems.com is where I plan to make my next purchase.
                              Cheaper than Awakebrain.com (as of 2011)...

BUT,
                              I have heard that Adrafinil may cause liver problems.
                              So beware. Also, the substance Adrafinil metabolizes into, Modiodal, is OTC in Mexico.

If anyone lives down that way.
                              20 bucks, 20 pills, 200 mg.
                              Anyways, C'est La Vie!

Ciao.
                              :h

Comment

Working...
                              X