Topa question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topa question?

I have been trying to get a script for topa, but have been unsuccessful...the last doc seems receptive, so I think I may be able to get it. Finally got the courage to take it and no one would give it to me! Can't really afford it without an RX.

Anyway, my question is about long term changes...does topa "alter the brain" or rewire it in anyway so that after a certain period of time if you go off the drug the cravings/desire to binge stays away also or is it a forever maintance thing? just curious to hear from those who have had success with it and then gone off the drug. i would rather not be on any drug for life...even alcohol -)

Topa question?

I'm not sure if it rewires the brain for good, but by not drinking for a certain length of time you free yourself from the habit. From there on the trick is to learn that it is okay not to drink, that your're not a freak for being sober but well adjusted and looking after yourself. I hope you manage to find a doc for topa. If not you could try this link, they are about half the price of most places.
    Buy Generic Topamax (Topiramate) Online :: Aclepsa.com - Online Health Superstore
    Suz
    Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Topa question?

Have just read the side effects of taking topa, made me very dubious ? can some users please enlighten me as to their first time use ?
      ------------------------------
      one hour at a time

Comment

Topa question?

I have had some topa dopa-but nthing terrible. I am only at 25mg, and plan to stay there as long as possible. I have been here(at 25 mg) for 2, almost 3 weeks now. HUGE change in cravings/consumption-little cognitive change. Good luck!
        Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Topa question?

goingsobermum, Wow, what a savings on topa! Thanks! Do you have luck in getting them quickly? Where are they located? River Pharmacy was quick, but not this inexpensive. Thanks a lot. I've had some side effects, mainly tired a lot, but it's going away. I hate taking drugs too, not a fan, but it's helping a lot with the cravings and I want to change my habits so I want to stick it out for maybe 6 months and get a new routine going. Oh, also constipation is big, but for me that's good because I'm also IBS - D!
          Wine lover, I'm always skeptical and am still researching the topa. I'm using it and hoping to not be using it after 6 months or so, but I have to believe it's better for me than all the vodka I was putting away! Now I drink maybe once a week, and not very much then. It's got to be a healthier choice. But I do hate taking drugs, I know what you mean.

Comment

Topa question?

Hi all~

I started taking Topa back in March an dfollowed the prescribed dosage from RJ's boo, all the way up to 150mgs, and I was a mess! I was a space case. So I quit, and started drinking again. I decided in October to start it up again and heard from one of the gals here that she takes her does all at once. I liked thi sidea because I never drank during the day, so why take the drug suring the day? Anyway I am up to 50 mgs, in the evening and it REALLY helps with the craviings. I actually don't have cravings when I take it. I still have the mental mind to deal with. That is something we all have to do - train the mind that we don't want it - the habitual part. But again, the cravings are gone.

Hope this helps

Namste,

MM
            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Topa question?

I have been taking Topa for about 4 weeks now. Started at 50mgs, but found tingling in hands and fingers quite strong at times. I was still binge drinking until 2 weeks ago and I think the combination made me even more confused whilst drunk. I am not craving as such, just missing the buzz and release. My digestive system usually slows a lot when ever I cut back on the drink but I discovered a product called Regucol which is basically ground Psyllium Husk. Take 2 teaspoons mixed with water, morning and night and I guarantee you will not get constipated. It doesn't build tolerance like other laxatives and is easy to cut down once the drink is away and out of your system.

Feeling much better, but the trouble is this is the time I want to drink - when I am feeling ok. Got caught up with college and made it to my Drink (Driving) Awareness course. Hoping to get my licence back in Summer so I have to be right for that big occasion.

Comment

Working...
              X