X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FDA on Chantix, mood swings on medication

UPDATE: FDA: Chantix Users' Mood Changes Should Be Monitored

RJ posted similar info a while back about this and I tried to reiterate it in some other threads when people talked about wanting to take it. This drug frankly scares the shit out of me and anyone interested in taking it, if they have a history of depression or anxiety, needs to really think twice about taking it. I am sure a certain percentage of people have had success with it, but for those that don't the outcome sounds like it can be pretty extreme. The pharmaceutical companies are very quick to brush off the horrible side effects all to make money. Thanks for posting this Nancy.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

chantix and alcohol consumption

Lushy: it does sound risky for those with history of psychiatric problems and when mixed with alcohol.

Don't know if this has been posted, story about the musician on chantix mixed with booze, wound up shot:

Autopsy: Carter Albrecht intoxicated at 3 times legal limit | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | News: Local News

Comment

I've been on it for about a week. I am thinking of getting off. I am not pleased with the SE's. I don't feel depressed, just high (like I have taken one of the old time diet pills). I can't sleep and when I do the wild dreams start. My nose is also stuffy, like I've had too much nost spray or something. Nothing smells right. I was suppose to go up to twice a day, I did it for two, but couldn't take it. Tomorrow, I am due to go up to 1mg. I am going without today to see what happens. I think it also interfers with my concentration.

Comment

I didn't experience any emotional side effects from Chantix. I wasn't drinking much at the time so drinking often could have changed that.

Doxy, I had the strange dreams as well, but they passed after a couple weeks.
          Marcie

Comment

My Hubby tried it for just over a week. He did cut his smoking in 1/2, but couldn't take the interupted sleep & dreams.
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
            X