Meds and drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meds and drinking

Ok, if you are trying to stop but you start again is there any point mixing the meds/supps with the drink?

Meds and drinking

The non-prescription supps, esp. milk thistle and evening primrose, are good for you if you are drinking. If you are on Rx meds you need to follow dosing instructions and not just go off them cold turkey, as I understand.
    And you may ask yourself, "What is that beautiful house?" And you may ask yourself, "Where does that highway go?" And you may ask yourself,"Am I right?...Am I wrong?" And you may tell yourself..."MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?"

Comment

Meds and drinking

What I mean is is there any point taking things like topa, L-glutt, AA'a if I still go on dirnking to excess?

Comment

Meds and drinking

Well, I guess the whole idea is to use this as part of a program and a desire to try to stop or mod. The meds and supps are not a cure, it has to come from you. If you don't feel there is a point, then there won't be, like a self-fulfilling prophecy?? Anyone else?
        And you may ask yourself, "What is that beautiful house?" And you may ask yourself, "Where does that highway go?" And you may ask yourself,"Am I right?...Am I wrong?" And you may tell yourself..."MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?"

Comment

Meds and drinking

I think the meds are supposed to help even if you are drinking. As I understand it, they can also be used to help you moderate. Anyone else know more?
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Meds and drinking

more info needed

UK Blonde:

Are you saying that you are actually experiencing this, i.e. that the meds and supps are not working? OR are you just wondering what you would do if they are not working?

If it was me and meds were not working I would consider getting off anything with side effects or that was too expensive and continuing supplements (basic ones as alcoholics have nutritional deficiencies and it couldn't hurt). I think it's best to talk to a doctor if possible though to wean off meds. or maybe the prescription med you are using is not effective and you need to try another one.

If you are anticipating problems, well, try not to anticipate things not working.

Comment

Meds and drinking

Ok, I know drink is causing me problems - always has. I admit I have a problem. I exercise when I don't drink. I take glutamine, aa's, eat well, started topa but still want to drink and still do!!!!

AARGHH

Is there to end to my torment - it's as if someone is torturing me slowly. I have many interests, half a life and half my looks but still the drink takes me.

Comment

Meds and drinking

Oh, so you just started topa. Well you need to give it some time.

Stay persistent. If things are not working, think of what else you can do to have more success. Do not give up!

Comment

Meds and drinking

I have been taking it for 6 weeks.

Comment

Meds and drinking

I think it helps...the meds and the supps...
                    but, last nite, with all the stress, I binged drank... and I don't feel bad today... but, I have to get right back on with the program and not let myself get overwhelmed again with personal and business issues.
                    Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

Meds and drinking

ukblonde... what dose are you taking?
                      dj

Comment

Meds and drinking

150mg per day

Comment

Working...
                        X