A new drug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new drug?

Hi all -- I have a google alert out on this drug and this bit of news just arrived. Sounds like if won't be in the US for a couple of years, but def. food for thought. Looks like a bit of a paradigm shift if you ask me ...
    Sad that it's always about $, though.
    Twinkie

(just mouse over the blue text below to get the link)

Alcoholism drug market: shift in disease perception required for long-term growth

A new drug?

sad!

The drug sounds promising, sad about all the rest though, HUH?? It is almost an epidemic I think, just hard to diagnose...............

MA
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

A new drug?

memantine ( also known as Namenda)

Hi, I was looking for a part time job and ended up answering an add for a clinical trial for this drug. It has been approved for alzeimers patients and I guess I fit the bill for a heavy drinking guinnea pig. I have to take the drug for a week then they put me in the hospital for the night and hook me up to all kinds of monitors and bring drinks every hour. I hope they give me the real thing instead of the placibo. I tried topamax and didnt have much luck. Has anyone heard of this? I'm a little nervous !!!Thanks,Molly

Comment

A new drug?

Wow Molly. Good luck. Let us know how it works out. I am very interested in this. Can you still get into the trial?
        Goal 1: Today
        Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

A new drug?

Try this......I put it also in your other post. Interesting.

http://www.antiaging-systems.com/a2z/memantine.htm
          Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Working...
          X