Antabuse Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antabuse Thread

Pipsqueak...Before I was given Antabuse there are a few tests that I needed to be go through to make sure that your my body was in a condition to take it. I had to go for blood tests to make sure my liver was OK and an ECG.
    I'd imagine there would be instructions but as with all drugs I'd have to make sure I was doing it the right way and not doing myself any damage.

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Can't do it then. Just have to try the old willpower...which has worked so well in past...
      Pipsqueak

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Well, I'm back. A year later. New job, drinking about a liter of damned whiskey a night. I went to a doctor and begged for Antabuse. Honestly, I always wanted this stuff. Everyone wanted rehab, 12 step, campral, naltrexone tabs, vivitrol, revia, implantable naltrexone, etc....

I want to change out the monkey on my back. I want a monkey with a pistol pointed at the back of my head gently whispering...see that bottle of whiskey? A few sips makes you sick as hell. A few shots will put you in the ER, and the whole thing will kill you effing dead. I pick up my precription in the AM. I bought no liquor, only beer for tonight as I cant go even a damned day, and I find it easy to go easier beer. Wish me luck.

Comment

Antabuse Thread

What time do you all take the pill? Mornings are easier, but if it makes one sleepy I felt the evening might be better.

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Also, and suprisingly, I ate dinner tonight. I'm feeling very excited about getting my script tommorow. Since I starting drinking heavy these last 6 years or so, I really dont eat. If I do its only lunch. Mornings I am hung over, and evenings I want only a liquid meal. I last ate about 30 hours ago. The sad part is about 75% of my daily calories comes from whiskey and soda. Not even on it yet and already feeling a wave of relief!!!

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Best of luck to you Spincycle. I also have a doctors appointment to discuss me getting on Antabuse. I've tried and tried to end the cycle, and I am not strong enough to do it on my own. I NEED something to control me. Keep posting, I would like to see how it goes for you.
              I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Antabuse Thread

I had a particularly stressful day at work today, but fortunately I knew that with Antabuse in my system I CANNOT drink. So I just very briefly thought about it and then put it out of my mind. For me Antabuse is heaven sent.
                make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Well, day 5 here. Cravings are pretty bad, starting at 5pm. My brains says it is looking forward to a drink, then I realize I can't have one.
                  My mind tried to talk me into one, but I didn't. Finding it hard to fill up the time I spent drinking.

Comment

Antabuse Thread

wqell done spinclye....i would love 5 days AF. i am going to order antabuse from river as i would not know what to say to Doctor. please keep posting as you are so new that you will be an inspiration to me. Did you order from River? Just wondering how long it takes to come

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Hey Spincycle. I commend you for getting on the antabuse. I have to admit, I have chickened out myself. I did manage to get the L-Glutamine and I am experiementing with that. I admit it does cut the cravings, but I am still not at a level of my drinking I am comfortable with. Keep posting Spinny, I am sure it will get better in time.:goodjob:

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Well thanks you guys. 1 week today. Its really hard to find other things to do. Going out to dinner lacks the same luster. I do have more energy though, and cravings at 1 week are still strong, maybe down 10%. I got my antabuse from my regular doctor. Just background, been heavy drinking about 6 years or so, and was doing about 10-15 shots of whiskey per night, typically 7 days a week. Fighting the cravings, and would have gave in day 2 if not for the antabuse illness effect. No other side effects except I get sleepy an hour after taking and seem to need more sleep at night. 6 or 7 hours isn't cutting it.

Comment

Antabuse Thread

For the record, tried campral, naltrexone, vivitrol, etc. This is the only thing that has ever worked for me. Campral did nothing, naltrexone made me sick as hell, and vivitrol made my a$$ ache, and I could easily get drunk on it.

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Great job Spin and good article Step
                            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Spincycle, hope things are feeling better for you now. My greatest fear or issue with Antabuse is that I cannot imagine what it would be like to NOT be able to have a drink if I wanted one. Im afraid of the antabuse and I am afraid I would be the first person to drink and die from it. I dont know why I am so afraid to take it. How does it feel to know you cannot drink, is it tolerable? I really hope its going well for you now, keep posting!

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Just thought of a few more things spin, hope you dont mind. I was wondering if you are happy with your decision to take Antabuse? Would you change anything or would you do it again. Deep in my heart I know my life would be better without drinking. My fear comes from knowing my entire life has to change, and that I have issues to deal with. I really dont understand why I have always abused alcohol. Im afraid of finding out whats wrong with me, afraid of counceling, just plain afraid. Also afraid to keep going on the path I am.

By the way, you should be very proud of yourself for doing this. Im proud of you in case nobody else has told you that. :l

Comment

Working...
                                X