Antabuse Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antabuse Thread

Hi Sun, I agree with Jade, why would you want to combine the two ?
    Jade, stop 6 days before the event. At the event sip your first drink very slowly and wait for 20 minutes before the next one to gauge the reaction. Nowadays I tell companions at events that I love to , and do, party! On gingerbeer and soda with lots of ice, which I have grown to love.
    Love to you all.
    make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Hi all,

I have been on antabuse for 3 days and not had a drink or even craved since taking it. Im not sure if its psychological or not but I feel amazing. No side effects except from more energy and nearly 4 days of no feeling of being hungover!!! Im not sure what it is if its knowing I cant drink, but I really am not craving as much as I thought. Its on my mind all day but I am fine with that.

Waking up doing things with my daughter, instead of slumping on the couch after drinking all day is amazing. Im not sure how long this will last but im going to give it a try,

What I am wondering though is, if I do slip and have a drink how long do the feelings of sickness ect last, if i had a glass of wine for example, would I feel awful the nest day.

Love and sober wishes to you all

Fluff
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Trouble is I have a hen night in a few weeks that I want to go to and drink normally. I was going to stop the antabuse 10 days before just drink that night and then go back on them. Is this possible?

Are you on them? I take them alongside campral and feel amazing. Topa made me groggy and eyes sore which I was gutted about as thought that was the one.

fluff
        xxx

Comment

Antabuse Thread

question to the men about aftershave with alcohol

I haven't read every post in this thread, but has anyone had a problem with this?

I have used aqua velva since I was 16, but I'm starting antabuse tomorrow, and I don't want to make myself sick the next time I shave!

I thought of buying non-alcohol mouthwash, but I didn't think of the aftershave until I read about it on the information sheet.

Thanks!

Comment

Antabuse Thread

How bad is your reaction to the perfume, and what is it like?

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Thanks!

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Hi all,

Just an update, 8 days AF!! Most importantly a sober weekend was not that hard!!

Hows everyone else doing. I have drank daily for years and ant believe the change in me, just don't fancy it. I am taking it alongside campral but I personally don't think campral worked for me!! Its my daughters birthday today and normally i would want a drink to praise myself (an excuse) but today I want and can devote the day to her!

Love to all this board is great, just wish i could post more!!

Fluffy
                xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Fluff,

This is great news!! Enjoy the day with your daughter.

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Antabuse with Antidepressants

I was wondering if anyone has taken antibuse with an SSRI/SNRI. I currently take effexor and I want to take antibuse in order to stop drinking and stick to it. However, I ordered it online and do not know anyone who has taken it or it's effects. It will probably take a while to arrive but I just want to make sure I can take it. Also it is the 500mg kind b/c I could not find the 250mg for the price I was looking for (I did not get it thru river pharm)
                    Any advice would be appreciated. I also take Campral and L-Glutamine for cravings (some days it works...)but I really want to go AF this time. I need to regain control of my life!

A
                    :thanks:

Comment

Antabuse Thread

oh well...

I have a thyroid condition and take synthroid daily. I guess that means I cant take antabuse. I just found out after reading through the blogs. That seems like a stupid reason and I don't get it. I had to cancel my online order. I hope I don't lose the damn money.,..,this is just another kick in the ass for me to show me how many problems drinking brings me. Anyone take it while on thryoid? I am on day 2 af and hope to stay this way, guess am gonna have to stick with campral, L glutamine and willpower.

A

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Synthroid and Antabuse

A 26 -

I'm on both and was there while my doctor looked up contraindicators, have had two thyroid tests and am fine....

Hope that helps
                        Happy to be AF Since 9.13.08

Comment

Antabuse Thread

It is fine with effexor
                          formerly known as bak310

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Bumping this back up.

I went off Antabuse a bit back when I was taking another drug that is hard on the liver.

Well. The results were as expected. I started drinking again. Which of course, is MUCH harder on the liver.

I am off the other drug and started taking the Antabuse again even before I finished taking it. Because, drinking is not an option for me. It is a death wish, quite seriously.

I am now many days sober, but so glad I have the Antabuse in my system. I take it daily with no consideration of "skipping so I can have a few." It is an amazing tool.

I added SAMe for liver support and mood support.

I have also added Campral.

All of these have no known interactions but when I did my own search (I don't always trust the doctors or pharmacists..) I found that Antabuse has a MAJOR interaction with Zoloft.

I thought this was important to note to everyone.

Meanwhile, I am back in the saddle and despite the usual cravings and panic attacks that have nothing to do with drinking, I am ecstatic.

My doc says Antabuse is a tool, not a cure. However, this tool allows us to work on the cure.

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Yes, I am back on it too....Taking one a day, but may cut down to just a 1/2 when it has built up in my system.
                              So far so good....just got to remember to drink loads of water and eat healthily.
                              xx
                              Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Anybody know of an online pharmacy that takes paypal as payment for antabuse? They all seem to only accept visa/mastercard.
                                ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Working...
                                X