Topamax and anger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topamax and anger

hey guys, i to recently started topa .. 25 for like two weeks now, went up to 50 the other day and really had an emotional wreck of a day.. depressed, irratable, just real nutty.. made my bf crazy. i then went back to 25 and have to go up slower i guess. i truly hope it goes away though. yes it did seem to reduce the craving to drink a bit, however, feeling like that would not be worth staying on the med

Comment

Topamax and anger

yes I had horrible rage on topamax, I hated everyone, and cried alot!!

its a scary drug, be careful!!

Comment

Topamax and anger

Ok...so now i understand. I started taking Topomax back in december and drank on top of it. I experienced extreme rage one night and actually got arrested for offensive touching on my husband. The problem is i only blew a .11 on the breathalyzer which i couldnt figure why i couldnt remember. Could this have been from the combination of drinking and topomax

Comment

Topamax and anger

Have gone off topa for the last time now. Only managed three days on 25mg. Felt very stressed and anxious straight away. Really angry and tetchy. Haven't taken a tablet today and feel so much better all ready. I have tried this three times now. Each time I have felt the same reaction. Won't be doing topa anymore.
          Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Topamax and anger

The same issue here

I'm new on here but found your post this morning, hope this helps. I take topomax with lithium,i have been on lithium for years and my doc keeps trying to get me stay on topomax but no matter how slow I start and how low the dose I start with I always end with this feeling of complete anger.At my kids, friends, the dog, the world. It's and aweful feeling. It does not help at all with my binge eating, so once again after almost 5 months of being on it I'm going to wean off and go back to him again.
            I did try a new drug called Belviq for binge eating. It did work great! Doesn't affect your heart, it shuts off receptors in your brain that make you crave eating. However, no matter how hard my doc tried my ins wouldn't cover it.
            Good Luck. I hope you find an alternate. If you do, could you please post

ohmaggiemae;313145 wrote: The reason I stopped taking topamax two years ago was due to the many unpleasant side effects, the most intolerable one being the anger I felt while I was on it. I was mean to my husband and young children, and constantly felt irritable.

However, after reading "My Way Out", I felt encouraged to give it another shot. This time I'm starting on the losest possible dose of 15mg, only once a day. But I already feel crabby and irritible and as if I hate everyone, even my sweet husband!

I haven't started taking any of the vitamins yet, I've only just bought them today. I need to hear that SOMETHING is going to help with this anger and agitation I feel when I'm on this drug. Has ANYONE out there experienced this side effect from topamax and what did you do about it? It seemed that the longer I was on it, the worse it got. And I wasn't upping the dose, either. Other than that, I loved the results from topamax. I lost interest in drinking and overeating. I feel that I NEED to be on topamax, but not if it's going to cost me my marriage and my happiness and my ability to be a good mommy! Somebody please help!

Comment

Working...
            X