topamax and gum inflammation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on week 2 of 75mg but tapering back down to 50mg.
    Experiencing inflammation of the gums. Has anyone else had this side effect?
    I like the way it has taken my mind off AL but worried about the continued side effects.
    Also having bad hair days........

Oh, thats what has been causting this!
    Yep, I am up to 200 starting today. Arg, what an adventure. Have drank right through all the dosages almost... although pulled off two weeks al free. No concrats. Just did a 3 day rum run and paying almost seriously and very down but pulling up by boot straps with a new work schedule from both jobs able to finagle by way through it with "balogny" stories to both I am so not proud of . Stayed with the site and read and kept my soul in touch with the sweetness and tenderness here that keeps me reminded of what this thing is that has be cursed waiting for the blessed say I am relieved and facing a nice sunrise "knowing" it is the day.
    Love,
    K
    :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Hello Patty and Theme2b, Yes a side effect of topamax is gingivitis and xerostoma or dry mouth. As is other antiseizure meds such as dilatin. Be sure to brush and floss well and possibly speak to your dentist about a flouride rinse or treatment.

Comment

Working...
      X