Tingling Toes - Anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tingling Toes - Anyone??

I have just upped my dosage to 25mg in the am and I am taking 50mg in the pm and I am now experiencing the most uncomfortable tingling in my toes and heels when I am sleeping... it is so bad that it wakes me up!!

I have tried taking my pm dosage earlier and the tingling now happens earlier - does anyone else experience this?
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Tingling Toes - Anyone??

Hi Dee,

If it's Topamax you're taking it's just an annoying side effect that will subside eventually.

Don't let it worry you.

magic xxx
    ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
    I am in the next seat.
    My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Tingling Toes - Anyone??

Potassium

Look for foods with a lot of potassium and add them to your diet. Helps reduce the tingling effect.

Comment

Tingling Toes - Anyone??

YEP........GOTTA DANCE ! HA! IAD.
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Tingling Toes - Anyone??

I got the tinglies with Topa as well. I gave up on it, not so much b/c of that but because of cost of the topa. But the tingly feet were irritating to me. Many here get over it.

Comment

Tingling Toes - Anyone??

Try blowdrying your toes. Lushy can give directions. I hear it helps. Good luck!

Comment

Tingling Toes - Anyone??

I've been on Topa for a month and I'm now at 100 mg. It is my week to go to 125 but I'm doing it on my own without a script so I'm being really careful and hovering here at 100 mg a bit. I sometimes notice the tingling in only one foot and for me it only means one thing- I need water! If I drink a bunch of water it goes away in a few min. I know everybody is different but it might be worth trying.:new:

Comment

Tingling Toes - Anyone??

LOL, Lushy do tell!! Thanks IAD... BTW the tingling has stopped, I have been on Topa for 11 weeks now but I'm about to up my dose to 300mg so the tingling might come back again.
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Tingling Toes - Anyone??

The MWO suggests eating a banana or two per day for potassium or taking two 50 mg tablets of grape seed extract. Mine didn't tingle until 300, and then only rarely. I kinda like it - sick!

Comment

Tingling Toes - Anyone??

How did you know what mgs to start at and when to increase.....

Comment

Tingling Toes - Anyone??

Have you read the book yet? At the back of the book is a schedule of how to up your dosage, if I remember correctly it went up in 25mg's. I never reached the max which is 300mg's, I was comfortable at 200mg and it worked well for me. I really to recommend reading the book first as there is a mine of info with regards to the suppliments that you take with the Topa.

BTW the tingling stopped at about 100mg's but I never tried Lushy's trick LOL!!

Comment

Working...
                      X