Anyone had more appetite with Topa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been on Topa for 2 and 1/2 weeks now and I have experienced some side effects, decreased cravings which is GREAT. Tingling toes also. Unfortunatley, my appetite seems to have increased though! I was hoping for the opposite like the book, etc says.

Anyone had the same experience? Perhaps it's psychological, and I'm replacing one addiction with another and the full topa effect hasn't kicked in yet???

Any thoughts?

SD:new:
    Take everything in moderation. Including moderation.

i have not lost weight as said to be...i am eating more. On Topa for 2.5 months, gaining not shedding. I do feel like i am replacing one habit for another. Although the last 3 days i have had salads, less sugar and crappy foods. Seems to take a long time balancing out on anything! One problem at a time. Topa gives me energy. I am taking in less caffiene also. Yes, i have gained weight.

Comment

Hey Ripple,
      Thanks, what dose of topa are you on?

SD

Comment

Topa TYPICALLY reduces appetite and cause sleepiness...FOR MOST! I felt VEYR tired at first but it evened out after a couple of weeks. I lost 30 lbs also, not sure if it was from eating less or just not consuming 2 bottles of wine a day.
        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

God my brain must be wired complete opposite...it wakes me UP!!!! and i want to EAT!!!! :H .... SunnyDaiseys ` small dosage...25 mgs.. i cannot take meds. too much, just a little of anything is enough for Ripples. Topa-Clarity

Comment

Hi Sun, I have had all the side effects you have had but in the 6 weeks I have been taking the Topa it has gone away.
            As far as the losing weight goes that has been a bit of a yo-yo for me although I don't have a scale so don't monitor it religiously. I didn't eat properly before so i did find that I was eating more at one point but I have gone back to normal now and my weight seems to have dropped off again - I can only tell cause I can get into my jeans without lying on the bed groaning like Bridget Jones!!
            Keep eating healthy and you'll get there.
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Thanks DB and Ripple!

Comment

Hi Sundaisy,

I too was hoping for the amazing drop in apetite, but found I was really, really hungry when I first started the topa. What dosage are you at?? I am up to 100mg and holding it there, as it seems to have worked for me and helped me attain my 30days AF goal. Not much in the way of side effects, and I am less hungry now, but I do get so sleepy! And, I have lost almost 14lb I think. But I have been working hard to do that, had to ignore the hunger, dieting and lots of exercise. Plus, eliminating a Litre plus of wine everyday likely helps!!!! I wonder if a higher level of Topa is needed to feel the effects for alot of weight loss??
                Britt - how high a level of Topa did you get to?? 30lb???? That would be incredible?? I don't think anybody would recognize me!!!! Actually, another 5-10 would be enough for me to lose and I would be happy!
                Peanut

Comment

I'm up to 75mgs and I'll up it to 100mgs next week. I do have a pretty big appetite, but I haven't gained weight, which is good. I'm hoping to drop some weight. WOW 14 lbs would be wonderful for me! That would put me at my goal weight!

I need to start exercising. I think that is the biggest ticket to weight loss and I haven't been motivated in that area.

Thanks for the advice. Maybe the increased dosage will help.

Sun

Comment

I've been taking it for a couple of weeks and am just starting to loose my appetite. Problem is is that I don't have much energy and I seem to be experiencing a little muscle weakness even though I'm on the vitamins and supps. I've decided to work on the alcohol first, then the muscle tone. I did loose weight when I went AF w/o the topa for 30 days, but right back to old drinking habits. Trying to change the way I think or am hardwired, then will work on the BABE thing. Who am I kidding, I'm too old for this s**t. I just want to be happy with how I feel and look.!!!!!!!!! Keke

Comment

Working...
                    X