Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why no LOW CARB diet while on MWO Supps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing the supp program and having many AF days and sometimes a few in a row!

Why do the recommendations that come with the supps from MWO state ? Low carb diets, especially, are not recommended with this program."

I thought it would be just ducky to go AF and do low carb (LC) diet...less than 40 carbs per day, and lose weight even faster.

Anyone have any info? I really want to do LC, but more interested in doing program properly.

Thanks! :thanks:
    FH

Honestly I do the program and low carb and it works well for me. I did do Atkins but couldn't quite wrap myself around all that fat so I'm doing low carb with basically all my carbs coming from veggies. I truly don't stay within a range but I never eat any whites(sugars,flours)

Comment

I think the theory is that for many people going on low carb diets increases your sugar cravings which in turn lead to drinking cravings because alcohol is pure sugar.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

But truly it is only for about 3 days and then zero cravings. I have way less cravings for alcohol if I limit carbs than if I give in to the carb frenzy.

Comment

Yes the Atkins thing is too hard at the moment...OK wI will just skip the whites and keep to lower fat, that and AF and maybe I can wear some of the clothes I bought last summer...Thanks All
          FH

Comment

Whole grains are the best carbs. They digest slowly and do not cause the blood sugar rush like white products do.
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Moderation with everything

Comment

I've found a low carb diet to be really helpful and it's documented that it helps with reducing alcohol cravings. When you eat sugar and white starch products, your body craves more of them and alcohol being a simple carb falls right into place with that. A double addiction really. yuck!
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

I am now living Proof that this is so true Det. I am almost 30 days off of ALL carbs except veggies (lots and lots of veggies). I am eating plenty of good fat and protein and LOTS of green veggies (and all the low glyc. veggies). I have NEVER felt better and feel CERTAIN that the AL addiction grew out of a sugar addiction.

So - I'm all for a low carb diet ... there are plenty of "good" carbs in the order of

1. Veggies
                  2. MULTI grains
                  3. low on fruit - potatoes - corn - peas - root veggie - etc
                  4. NO sugar or white (flour, rice etc)

I don't crave the AL ; and I don't crave the sugar ... which is a miracle for me. Last night we hosted a fresh salmon and crab leg dinner for a bunch of friends. The baggetts, beer, wine, fresh fruit pies .... didn't even tempt me. This is so not me.

It's a huge piece of the puzzle for me!

Thanks for this thread!
                  AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

I am eating some whole grains at breakfast, doing protein and veggie lunch and dinner and maybe 1 piece of whole grain toast at night . I think having just carbs in the AM helps with the late day/evening AF goal.

For sure if I start with white food potatoes, potato chips, pasta etc. I cannot stop. I am finally getting it, those foods are just the same as AL, I used to think I was a glutton, but it really is a sugar addiction, white stuff, AL ...all the same....theses revelations make these foods look totally different to me now, they are a contributor to the AL addiction.

Had dinner out last night, ate some baguette, the really good artisanal type, and it wasn?t so great, tasted flat, texture-less and bland. My trick is to do the mindful eating thing; close your eyes and really think about the taste and texture of the food, this made the baguette kinda unappealing. However, this does not work with chocolate so best to just stay away

Can a really high carb high glycemic day of eating create a hangover type feeling?, even if you don?t drink AL?

FH

Comment

I tried to go nearly carb-free for weight loss. I ended up with the most demanding alcohol cravings ever, and I fell into a depression - after just 2 weeks!! So I went back to my good diet of quinoa for breakfast and sometimes whole grain toast, some brown rice now and then, and felt much better. For me the key is to eliminate all the white stuff (as is often said here).
                      FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

I'm always so confused by what people mean these days by low carb diets. If they mean simple and double sugars - and some of the poor quality complex carbohydrates such as potatoes - then I have a no carb diet and have forever. But I eat plenty of unprocessed organic whole grains in which the complex carbs are more complex and higher quality and are always there in balance with protein, fat, fiber and minerals and find they are the perfect foods to build a diet around. Brown rice, barley, millet, kasha, quinoa - there are so many of them. You only need small amounts since they are very satisfying and don't cause you to crave more.
                        Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

HEALTH Somewhere in the medication info it states that kidney stones can be a side effect of the topa. Low carb diets are hard on our kidneys. Also, any form of detox is hard on your body - be gentle with it. The book says to reduce refined sugars (white carbs) which should help one to loose weight while not over taxing the body. Our bodies are amazing, but you don't want to stress it any more than it is already being stressed at this very emotional time. Hope this helps!!! Keke

Comment

Working...
                          X