Antabuse and Dental Treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi folks, posted this elsewhere but been advised (and it makes perfect sense, lol!) to post my concerns in the meds thread.
    Basically, to cut a loooong dentist story short... I have to have 2 teeth out (one is an impacted wisdom tooth) and have a phobia of dentists so am having intravenaous sedation.
    Im going to start taking antabuse too, so Im wondering if there will be any interactions between the antabuse and the injections, or the sedative?
    Also - should I refuse the "mouth rinse" and ask for salt water/clear water instead?
    Cheers for any advice,
    C
    ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Chelle, can you speak to your dentist about this? They should know what meds/supps you are taking. I wish you well and share your phobia. Prayers for a speedy op and recovery :wings:
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Hiya LTG, yep Ive been thinking its too risky too keep that info to myself.. Im going to have to tell him before they give me the sedative.
      ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

I wish you the best of luck!! When is your appointment?
        :l
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

2 weeks time, so i could always put myself on the antabuse for a week and then come off it next wednesday, maybe.. so it has a week to clear from my system

Comment

Did you get your antabuse, Chelle? I would definately make a quick call to the Dentist so you have time to prepare for his visit. He will know (or be able to find out) if you can have Antabuse in your system during his procedure. Call him tomorrow so he has time to look into it if he needs to. Good luck getting that pesky tooth fixed once and for all. You have had such suffering with it! Kriger
            "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
            X