Topa no side effects/also not curbing cravings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I'm looking for miracles fast?? Day 4 on 25mg of Topa....went out and store bought Kudzu,evening primrose, magnesium,etc...still have huge alcohol cravings. Has anyone gotten quick relief from Topa on 25mg?

Thanks....SS

Miracles don't happen overnight silly. Slow them ponies down!

Have you gotten the L-Glut yet? How about exercise? You know the drill =)

Comment

Slowly,

Many have had to get up much higher than that to experience loss of cravings. Be patient.

I hope those who could take topa will respond to you.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hey, SS,

Took me until 200 mg. to get relief from cravings. Sober almost 4 months now. Take heart, be good, and follow the program!

You can do it!

Comment

Hey Larisa,

Wow, 4 months AF !!! Awesome...you must feel incredible!! I'll be patient...

Hey, I'm originally from Tennessee!!! GO VOLS !!!

Comment

Awesome!! See, that means it's going to work! PM me with any questions about topa, etc., if you want. I can tell you about my experience, anyway. (I was only ever able to get 5 days in a row sober in the 7 years before the topa, so it really has helped me so far.)

Comment

It took my husband a while on Topa to get going.. now he is at 200mg and the number of days with AL are getting longer and longer. a few set backs, but nothing like before. It is encouraging. Keep going and good luck.

Comment

Hi SS, I found that day 4 always seems to be hard, but once you get through that its just a little easier. The supps help more in the beginning while you are titrating up to (your) magic dose. 50mgs seems to do it for me, but I'm a light weight. My understanding is thast it take 3 weeks for the topamax to do what it suppose to do in the brain according to the research. Keep up the choosing the right path. Keek

Comment

Thanks Keek..I'm a really bad instant gratification kinda girl....I'll be more patient...take care and HUGS...SS

Comment

SS we are ALL instant gratification kinda folks... hence the alcohol... ! This experience is all about changing that entire mind-set, taming the impulsivity, and all that. Learning to tolerate the discomfort is HUGE. It always passes, if we don't give in to it and "fix" it with alcohol!

wip

Comment

Working...
                    X