Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allergy to topamax anyone?

rapidly develoed severe hives

I was proscribed Topamax for idiopathic peripheral neuropathy. Within 10 minutes of taking my first pill of Topamax, I experienced the odd sensation of having a hat put on my head. After 10 more minutes I noticed my face felt funny and discovered it had turned deep pink. Since I wasn't having trouble breathing and it was late Friday night, I decided to ignore it but after another 10 minutes my chest started tingling and I noticed that the redness had spread to my chest. I would have still ignored it but I was thirsty and took a small swig of orange juice and instantly had a splitting headache and projectile vomiting. I then went to the hospital and was given a shot of Benadryl which instantly again produced vomiting. I think the vomiting was a reaction to the coldness of the orange juice and injection. Anyway, I went home with Benadryl and the rash went slowly away over 10 days? time.

I was 64 and had never before suffered allergies except for poison ivy and contact to nickel.

Comment

Allergy to topamax anyone?

rapidly developed hives

I was proscribed Topamax for idiopathic peripheral neuropathy. Within 10 minutes of taking my first pill of Topamax, I experienced the odd sensation of having a hat put on my head. After 10 more minutes I noticed my face felt funny and discovered it had turned deep pink. Since I wasn't having trouble breathing and it was late Friday night, I decided to ignore it but after another 10 minutes my chest started tingling and I noticed that the redness had spread to my chest. I would have still ignored it but I was thirsty and took a small swig of orange juice and instantly had a splitting headache and projectile vomiting. I then went to the hospital and was given a shot of Benadryl which instantly again produced vomiting. I think the vomiting was a reaction to the coldness of the orange juice and injection. Anyway, I went home with Benadryl and the rash went slowly away over 10 days? time.

I was 64 and had never before suffered allergies except for poison ivy and contact to nickel.

Comment

Working...
      X